Comedy 50:50 initiative.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/5065/comedy_50_50_gender_initiative/

Potential great opportunity for our female writers on here.

As far as I know, no TV comedy executive has ever binned a script simply because it was written by a woman. As far as I know (again), when writing for television, men and women compete on equal terms. As far as I know (yet again), no reviewer has ever suggested that women writers have not been responsible for some of the funniest and most intelligent sitcoms in the history of British television.

It seems therefore that the only way to increase the number of successful women writers on television is to employ them (in whatever numbers seem appropriate) in preference to male writers of greater ability.

Such a policy will be a surefire winner with the left-wing, liberal Moaning Minnies of this world but may not be quite so popular with viewers who want to watch programmes of the highest possible quality and therefore take the view that the world of TV scriptwriting should be a meritocracy blind to gender, race, religion, politics, sexual orientation or anything else.

Was there a sketch show from Miriam Margoyles or Germaine Greer for instance? Even Carol Cleveland?

How do you define Female?