Mind Your Language Page 4

Angry Amazingly it's now been 8 years since the complete LWT series was released on DVD. I'm still holding out for series 4 to be released but the years are ticking away and still no sign of it. I can remember seeing it when it was transmitted in 1986 but it's not been seen since. All hope of ever seeing it on DVD are fading. I was lucky enough to get hold of 1 episode but that was it. Maybe Network don't hold the rights but I thought another company would have released it by now.

I heard rumour that the rights holder cannot be traced in order for the permission to be given for a DVD release.

Quote: marac @ 10th July 2015, 4:37 PM BST

Angry Amazingly it's now been 8 years since the complete LWT series was released on DVD. I'm still holding out for series 4 to be released but the years are ticking away and still no sign of it. I can remember seeing it when it was transmitted in 1986 but it's not been seen since. All hope of ever seeing it on DVD are fading. I was lucky enough to get hold of 1 episode but that was it. Maybe Network don't hold the rights but I thought another company would have released it by now.

I have contacted you, I really wanna see that 1 episode.

Quote: JohnSmith48 @ 27th February 2016, 10:13 PM GMT

I have contacted you, I really wanna see that 1 episode.

Attention all fans of this sitcom. I have uploaded the episode from Series 4 on YouTube for those who want to see it. It can be found at: https://youtu.be/rqQ5nRhgDjw I hope one day that whatever the problem is getting it on DVD is sorted out and we can all buy the complete 13 episodes.

Quote: marac @ 29th February 2016, 3:42 PM GMT

Attention all fans of this sitcom. I have uploaded the episode from Series 4 on YouTube for those who want to see it. It can be found at: https://youtu.be/rqQ5nRhgDjw I hope one day that whatever the problem is getting it on DVD is sorted out and we can all buy the complete 13 episodes.

I wanna thank you so much.

Any updates on the 4th Series? If anyone has obtained other episodes?

Quote: Aaron @ 30th June 2015, 1:38 AM BST

A great show, really misunderstood. Very popular with non-British commentators. Would be very interested to hear what you think of it!

Postman finally brought it today. I'll post my opinion after watching a few episodes. I'm very looking forward to it.

This show is still beloved (or at least fondly remembered) by people in certain Asian countries, such as Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, where it was screened in the 1980s. Not too taxing, not too vulgar, never too mean. Just fun.

The show was born in an age when good-natured racial and national stereotyping was widely accepted throughout British society (and probably throughout a great many other societies too).

As time went by, however, a few white people took it upon themselves to be offended on behalf of all the people (British and non-British, white and non-white) who were not offended in the slightest.

After watching it I did some digging and discovered that Zara Nutley lived and died a ten minute walk away from my childhood home. I assume she must've also taken her surname from the village of Nutley which is nearby. Storing that little nugget of knowledge away in the hope that it crops up in the weekly quiz.

I wonder if there a sitcom abroad like this where they stereotype the British. Yes, Mind Your Language was good in its day but no way should it be repeated.

I enjoyed this, thought it was really good. I liked it very nice show, loved the wide range of characters and different backgrounds and the plots was very fun. Great series