Have I Got News For You - Series 55

This begins this week.

A very interesting piece.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43630295

How's this for equality? It seems that they can't handle it.

Well just watched the extended edition and it's the best episode in a long time. I always like it when Paul laughs as much as the audience, and Paxman's stoic seriousness really added to it, best value host since Blessed.

That woman's laugh is horrendous. A comedian? She's worse than Elaine Paige.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th October 2018, 9:25 PM

That woman's laugh is horrendous. A comedian? She's worse than Elaine Paige.

Even worse than Jimmy Carr and Sarah Millican at their most annoying.

They seemed to be scraping the bottom of the guest panellist barrel tonight. As indeed (with one exception) did the programme that followed, "Would I Lie to You?".

Sara Pascoe?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th October 2018, 10:35 PM

Sara Pascoe?

She was the exception I had in mind, yes. Clearly it couldn't have been any of the others. One re-stocked a shop in Corfe Castle once I seem to recall and I have no idea who the other two were.

Similarly neither did I have any idea of who either of the guests were on HIGNFY.

Kiri Pritchard-McLean? Never heard of her before but even more grating than that Sharon Horgan :(

She had a laugh like Twiggy's girlfriend in The Royle Family. Bloody annoying.

Kiri Pritchard-McLean isn't a household name by any means. In fact, it's a name that is probably completely unknown in most households across the world. Despite her relative anonymity, she is actually a pretty good stand-up comedian.

Grace Dent is a writer and newspaper columnist, restaurant critic for The Guardian and previously a long-time restaurant columnist for the Evening Standard. She has a sense of humour too.

In fairness to both women, I have to say neither is anywhere near the bottom of the professional barrels in which they circulate and, taken as a pair, whoever booked them for the show had every reason to believe they were up to the usual standard of guest panellists.

Well, I have to say I thought the most recent one was one of the best episodes for a long time, Steph McGovern was great value as host, she even managed to make Paul laugh!

She's getting a lot of unfair jip on twitter for telling the 'Trump called me beautiful' story.

I hope she presents it again, she was very good.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st October 2018, 11:29 AM

the 'Trump called me beautiful' story.

I was pleased to hear Trump called her beautiful as, prior to that revelation, I was confident the only man in the world who felt that way was Ray Stevens.

You should join the Twitter trolls.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st October 2018, 11:42 AM

You should join the Twitter trolls.

I believe she's fair game after having made fun of other people before a TV audience of millions.

She was good. I like her. Even though she has got a funny accent.