Sorry! Page 4

Quote: swerytd @ 18th February 2008, 5:22 PM GMT

I think it's ace! Bought the DVDs of series one and two, back when they were first released and hope they get as far as releasing the others. Like you Tim, I remember watching it as a kid and still thinks it stands up well now.

It's on UKTV Gold every morning at 6:20 if you wanted to watch.

I stand by my assertion that there is *no* better theme tune in sitcom!

Dan

It's been running through my blasted head all flipping day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWyqtjDeDyM

Quote: Chappers @ 12th March 2010, 5:52 PM GMT

I just bought a video* box set of series 1 & 2 from a charity shop for 75p.

All I've got to do now is link up my video recorder and hope there's no creases in the tape.

* Yes I know!

Is this one of the 'tapes' you were planning to give away during the next BCG drinks?

I have rented S1. I'll report back. I don't think my Mother allowed me to watch it back in the 80s because she didn't like it very much.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th February 2008, 3:42 PM GMT

It's had outings on UKTV Drama quite recently actually. Thought it was ok. Not great, but ok. I found it almost unwatchable though. Not because it was bad, but because I just didn't like any of the characters. His mother for obvious reasons, his father didn't seem to be in it very much so the emotional connection wasn't established, and Timothy himself, for being such a spineless wanker. Even when he did stand up to his mother, it seemed an utterly pathetic attempt, and immediately crumbled. I always found myself getting angry at the TV and wishing I could go and punch each and every one of them!

2entertain are releasing the series at the moment if you want to watch again. Series one is already out, and two in a month. :)

See Amazon product listing [p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3361187/Sorry-Series-1/Product.html]

See Amazon product listing [p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3586019/Sorry-Series-2/Product.html]

Totally. Did you write the official BCG review too? Mrs Lumsden's horrible.

I probably did!

Quote: Aaron @ 18th October 2015, 12:02 PM BST

I probably did!

I completely agree. I sat through Ep1 and three-quarters of Ep2 and placed it back in the LOVEFiLM envelope to post. I had to smile at one of the IMDb posts (although it's clearly an inferior message board to the BCG's) which read thus:

Yes it was creepy because Timothy's mother was a psychopath. I wouldn't have been surprised if Timothy had come home one day to find his poor dads decapitated head in a bowl on the dining table with an apple in his mouth, and Mrs Lungsden sitting in the corner, knitting

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 18th October 2015, 12:43 PM BST

I completely agree. I sat through Ep1 and three-quarters of Ep2 and placed it back in the LOVEFiLM envelope to post. I had to smile at one of the IMDb posts (although it's clearly an inferior message board to the BCG's) which read thus:

Yes it was creepy because Timothy's mother was a psychopath. I wouldn't have been surprised if Timothy had come home one day to find his poor dads decapitated head in a bowl on the dining table with an apple in his mouth, and Mrs Lungsden sitting in the corner, knitting

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 18th October 2015, 12:43 PM BST

Yes it was creepy because Timothy's mother was a psychopath. I wouldn't have been surprised if Timothy had come home one day to find his poor dads decapitated head in a bowl on the dining table with an apple in his mouth, and Mrs Lungsden sitting in the corner, knitting[/i]

She certainly had a personality disorder.
Teary Laughing out loud

Barbara Lott played a good battleaxe. She was in an episode of The Duchess of Duke Street as Mrs Farthing-Whiteley or 'Mrs Farting Brightly' as Louisa Trotter dubbed her.

I like his dad

"Laaangggwwiddgee Timotheeeeey"

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th October 2015, 8:24 PM BST

I like his dad

"Laaangggwwiddgee Timotheeeeey"

The late, great Mollie Sugden's husband in real life I do believe. Blimey, I'm *so* sad, it's untrue.

I bought the boxset a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Although, I did think it definitely had run out of steam by the final series. Ronnie Corbett was great though, none the less.

I used to love Sorry. This was my tribute in the now not used much Larks thread.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/615336/

I'm going to get the boxset for this at some point. I really like the sound of this and the concept and plot from the looks of things sounds interesting. The cast is very good, but my only concern is whether the mother will get on my nerves too much. I have heard that the mother has ruined the show for them from other people.

She ruined things for Timothy.

Quote: Wheel @ 22nd October 2018, 7:57 PM

I'm going to get the boxset for this at some point. I really like the sound of this and the concept and plot from the looks of things sounds interesting. The cast is very good, but my only concern is whether the mother will get on my nerves too much. I have heard that the mother has ruined the show for them from other people.

I wouldn't get the boxset as I think it went on a while, best to sample a series so you don't waste as much money IMO. It is a very acquired taste similar to sado-masochism. I see it as a strange hybrid of Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em with the actual mother in this one. I've acquired the taste enough to like watching the odd one but need a long gap before watching another.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th March 2010, 5:52 PM

I just bought a video* box set of series 1 & 2 from a charity shop for 75p.

All I've got to do now is link up my video recorder and hope there's no creases in the tape.

* Yes I know!

I've just bought the same thing on DVD for 50p. Watching episode 1 now. Brilliant!