British Comedy Quiz

Did anyone else think they were pretty easy questions this week? Geek

As a wise man once said, "they're all easy if you know the answers".

In my case that's numbers 1, 7 & 10. Showing my age there. I guessed at question 2 - wrongly. And the rest I have no idea about.

I know very little of what's happened in the world since the 70s. And that's the way I like it (as KC & the Sunshine Band intimated in 1975).

What about most number of episodes questions though, BB? There was only one show that was still running.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th October 2018, 11:21 AM

As a wise man once said, "they're all easy if you know the answers".

In my case that's numbers 1, 7 & 10. Showing my age there. I guessed at question 2 - wrongly. And the rest I have no idea about.

I know very little of what's happened in the world since the 70s. And that's the way I like it (as KC & the Sunshine Band intimated in 1975).

Well I got 4!!!! Plus 3/5.

And what's this word Apperances?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 17th October 2018, 5:32 PM

What about most number of episodes questions though, BB? There was only one show that was still running.

Well that's true - but doesn't mean to say it's had more episodes than one that's finished of course. Last of the Summer Wine has finished.

I was aware that there was a long gap between series of the correct answer at one stage and took that into account. But clearly I overestimated the affect that that had. Like I say I guessed the answer to that question, albeit wrongly. I have subsequently checked on IMDB and find that my choice had, in fact, the second-highest number of episodes. So I wasn't disastrously wrong.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th October 2018, 6:35 PM

Well I got 4!!!! Plus 3/5.

4 plus 3/5? Errr

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th October 2018, 7:00 PM

4 plus 3/5? Errr

You're not one of the privileged few!

I found last week to be really easy - this week I was ruddy awful.

Like Bunter. I have little knowledge of the present, so these quizzes always make me feel like an imbecile. And I'd never watch a 'Strictly Dancing' show. Sounds as boring as watching people cook or do interior decorating or renovating. Britain's Wildest Home Makeover Bake-Offs Strictly on Ice. Now with judges using buzzers in swiveling Davros chairs. No thanks.

Glad you're all enjoying the quiz! Which was your pick for most episodes, Billy?

Quote: Aaron @ 18th October 2018, 5:40 PM

Glad you're all enjoying the quiz! Which was your pick for most episodes, Billy?

I thought perhaps 'Allo 'Allo!.

Ah. Definitely a very good guess! 'Allo 'Allo! is, surprisingly, waaay down the list at 21st greatest number of episodes for a TV sitcom.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th October 2018, 7:58 PM

Ah. Definitely a very good guess! 'Allo 'Allo! is, surprisingly, waaay down the list at 21st greatest number of episodes for a TV sitcom.

"It's good but it's not right..."

Typo/format error in Q1 of current, with The Builders appearing twice.

Your quizzes have too much modern comedy crap in them Aaron, sorry but it's not on. I got the first four right and ended up with 5/10. Eh? Angry

When are we going to get the High Court fraternity removed from this site?