Newsjack Series 19 Page 28

...ok I think I'm sorted now. Early start and travelling in the morning so will need to submit tonight.

Good luck everyone and congrats to whoever's Royal Baby joke they go with.

Originally planned to submit two sketches, but after a lot of faffing about and fine tweaking, went with just one

Think I'm now happy with selection of oneliners and pedias

Good luck all. Must go, my parmo is ready.....

I put in two sketches. One on May and Foster. I don't know why I get ideas that stand no chance. I have pretty much avoided big topics that they get loads on up till now and then I end up doing this one. Then one that was a quick silly sketch on myxomatosis but probably not an original enough premise to stand a chance against the talented competition with only 4 or so non com sketches on the show.
And two royal baby breaking news. They will get hundreds, even thousands, of baby jokes so why I joined in, I don't know.

I forgot - it's not all about me! Good luck all.

Quote: Will Cam @ 15th October 2018, 9:19 PM

So, now Angela Barnes has announced she is departing what are the odds on the new host being a white male:D

I liked Angela Barnes. I think she suited the show though I don't quite know what I mean by that.

Good luck everyone.

Enjoy the post-exam euphoria. Results aren't for days!

no sketches for me this week, thought I might stand a better chance if I didn't submit one (will let you know how that goes).

did squirrel up some oneliners. one that I really like....and is therefore now doomed.

'pob lwc' as they say in Wales...and also on google translate.

New Newsjack Presenter Odds by Paddy Oooo'Power

Nigel Farage 10-1
Morrissey 8-1
Mary Berry 8-1
Bobby Davro 6-1
Katie Hopkins 9-1
Carol Kirkwood 3-1
Gemma Colins 4-1
Feargal Sharkey 3-1
Rastamouse 2-1
Ant&Dec 2-1

Submitted one-liners on these topics.

BREAKING NEWS: Same-sex mice have baby | NZ bird of the year | Longest flight
NJPEDIA: Nations League | Hurricane Michael | Piers Morgan papoose row

Went with :
Breaking news - Patisserie Valerie story, Harrods big spender, Drug driver stopped by police
NJs -Patisserie Valerie, Saudi consulate, Angela Barnes ( well, it is her last episode )

Sent a sketch about J Corbyn running a bakery

Quote: Danno @ 16th October 2018, 12:22 PM

no sketches for me this week, thought I might stand a better chance if I didn't submit one (will let you know how that goes).

did squirrel up some oneliners. one that I really like....and is therefore now doomed.

'pob lwc' as they say in Wales...and also on google translate.

New Newsjack Presenter Odds by Paddy Oooo'Power

Nigel Farage 10-1
Morrissey 8-1
Mary Berry 8-1
Bobby Davro 6-1
Katie Hopkins 9-1
Carol Kirkwood 3-1
Gemma Colins 4-1
Feargal Sharkey 3-1
Rastamouse 2-1
Ant&Dec 2-1

Interesting list of candidates, Danno

However I do think that there is now scope to for any future newsjack presenters to run in alphabetical order. So with Angela Barnes beginning the sequence at AB, we would now look for the next presenter to be a 'CD', followed by an 'EF' etc
My shortlist therefore is : Cara Delevingne, Charles Dance, Charlie Dimmock, Chris Difford and Chaka Demus. As Chaka Demus featured in a one liner in series 18, he would be my favoured candidate

I did BN on royal baby, royal baby name and donkeys not carrying obese tourists.

JP on Alan Sugar, Dec and Holly and Killing Eve. Got a nasty feeling may have had oneliners on show on last two but too late.

Some juicy topics there BTF, fingers crossed for you. Royal Baby will no doubt be one of the 'jokes du jour'. Let's see what gets picked out of the tombola...something something Mcroyalface

@kennyB...haha, love it. How did that Chaka Demus joke go again? Was it something to do with dentistry?

Quote: Danno @ 17th October 2018, 12:25 PM

Some juicy topics there BTF, fingers crossed for you. Royal Baby will no doubt be one of the 'jokes du jour'. Let's see what gets picked out of the tombola...something something Mcroyalface

@kennyB...haha, love it. How did that Chaka Demus joke go again? Was it something to do with dentistry?

Danno - yes, something about using Pliers.....

As it's Angela's last show, I hope it's a surprise extended hour long episode with lots more material included. ( Just a thought, BBC. I'm sure it's not too late to arrange )

It's the last day this year of frantic inbox refreshing.

Good luck everyone, be nice to get some regular posters in

Agreed.

For the last time - massive good luck everyone!

Just heard that Angela's thank you speech lasts 28 mins 30 secs but good luck everyone!

Quote: Danno @ 18th October 2018, 5:06 PM

Just heard that Angela's thank you speech lasts 28 mins 30 secs but good luck everyone!

That's less than some of her intros

:D