Things that piss you off Page 1,745

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th September 2018, 8:11 AM

Online forms that don't like an answer you gave and reset the whole form back to blank.

Trying to renew my car insurance and I spend 10 minutes filling in my details - press submit and the form clears
with the message 'we don't have any record of that email address'
You bleedin sent me an email to that address to renew my insurance.

You can blame that on the mad incentive on the Internet in recent years that all the traffic should use the HTTPS protocol (encrypted) instead of the non-encrypted HTTP protocol, whether it really needs it or not. Side effects of the security of doing that are that it is extremely difficult/tedious to program retention of the data of the earlier attempt at a form.

Current adverts wise

Those Halifax ones with that annoying Welsh twaaaaaaat

Wouldn't it be nice if we had ads where people weren't simpering and posing unnaturally?

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th September 2018, 6:13 PM

Current adverts wise

Those Halifax ones with that annoying Welsh twaaaaaaat

I concur and I don't like adverts that feature computer generated versions of dead people because it's disrespectful. Using footage of someone who is long deceased to help improve the profit margin should be illegal.

The 2005 VW advert with Gene Kelly was the start of it and then there is Audrey Hepburn in the Cadbury advert.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 7th October 2018, 11:15 PM

I concur and I don't like adverts that feature computer generated versions of dead people because it's disrespectful. Using footage of someone who is long deceased to help improve the profit margin should be illegal.

The 2005 VW advert with Gene Kelly was the start of it and then there is Audrey Hepburn in the Cadbury advert.

I don't think that's a real Audrey Hepburn though.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th October 2018, 11:18 PM

:D Troll.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th October 2018, 11:18 PM

Hi. Sorry to bother you but I just got this PM on FB and I can't for the life of me fathom out if it's genuine. Please help:
'Hellow mikel munksarse this am melunie c from spice woman, i reading youre bacefook pages anfd yar looking as nise and funny gauy, i would want to meeting yas! pleases,, to sending me airoplain fair easyjet to romes and when i come at rome i paying you this back with interested. is 57798786574746969 Euros to my acc**t spam.spam.spammer@spamming.spamers.aol,. me is looking for meeting you in roms! loved, mel s. PS girls powerful!!!'
Advice, please. The PS was what made me suspicious because 'Girl power' is a phrase she tends to use only in the context of the entire group.

Suspicious? Why on earth... I can't see anything dodgy there.

Anyway I'm watching Letterbox. Mel asked "How do you know each other?"

He replied "So.....we met..." No, no no! And then asking for letters they were saying "Can I get an L" No, no, no .... it's "Can I have!"

Not to mention "Can I have a Haitch!!!"

Quote: Chappers @ 9th October 2018, 6:16 PM

Not to mention "Can I have a Haitch!!!"

Whast D is Bob Holness?

Heather Watson should concentrate on playing tennis instead of doing adverts for sanitary towels

She's shit!

The BBC News on the wireless today stated that three supermarkets are putting down the price of petrol "by one pence a litre".

Does the BBC, of all institutions, not realise that pence is a plural noun? Therefore you cannot precede it with a singular quantity.

Quote: Henry Malcolm @ 24th November 2018, 5:49 PM

The thing that really pisses me off is lots of aspects of our lives are shaped by politicians but no by professionals. I mean, doctors, scientists proved that weed is less dangerous than beer! Hope that Canadian example will show that such restriction politics is wrong. After all, cbd products uk can help with pain, anxiety. Could you imagine vaping that heals?

Not until you mentioned it but I'll take half a bakers dozen.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd November 2018, 11:17 PM

The BBC News on the wireless today stated that three supermarkets are putting down the price of petrol "by one pence a litre".

Does the BBC, of all institutions, not realise that pence is a plural noun? Therefore you cannot precede it with a singular quantity.

Gone yersel! This is exactly the kind of thing that pisses me off, too.

Yodel. That's all I have to say.

Leeds city council are making a rule that smoking will be not allowed in any council house with evictions and fines for anyone that does.
It doesn't affect me in any way apart from another case of idiotic pumped up bureaucrats making big brother rules for the masses.