What are you watching on TV? Page 2,132

Science of Laughter. Lacks what I would call an essential ingredient.

Desperate Housewives. This show has everything - compelling plot twists, strong characterisation, humour ranging from witty to bawdy, and a very high sex appeal quota. I'd shag Carlos.

Quote: Wheel @ 3rd October 2018, 12:49 PM

I really also love the University Challenge one, brilliant episode. Fantastic, and really hilarious.

My favourites were always the last two - Sick has more lol moments, but Summer Holiday has more depth. I love the characterisation and sense of finality, alongside the usual willy and fart gags. No wonder they never made another series - you couldn't really top those. Future attempts (FRAC, Bottom) made that painfully clear.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 4th October 2018, 3:14 PM

Desperate Housewives. This show has everything - compelling plot twists, strong characterisation, humour ranging from witty to bawdy, and a very high sex appeal quota. I'd shag Carlos.

My favourites were always the last two - Sick has more lol moments, but Summer Holiday has more depth. I love the characterisation and sense of finality, alongside the usual willy and fart gags. No wonder they never made another series - you couldn't really top those. Future attempts (FRAC, Bottom) made that painfully clear.

What would've happened if they made a 3rd series? Would it have ruined reputation of the show and would people view the show in a different context?

Well there was the buke which as Rik said was all new stuff (but no Lex, sob). He also said that ater The Young Ones, his next project would be 'exploring new fields'. Check:
The Young Ones - manic self-obsessed Rik.
Filthy, Rich and Catflap - manic self-obsessed Richie.
Bottom - manic self-obsessed Richie.
What would have been next?

Rik Mayall did way more than that though. He obviously had a soft spot for toilet humour but his acting was incredibly versatile. His IMDB credits are trouser fillingly extensive.

Grim Tales was awesome. I know it was for kids but it made me laugh out loud, especially The Bremen Town Musicians.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 5th October 2018, 10:42 AM

Well there was the buke which as Rik said was all new stuff (but no Lex, sob). He also said that ater The Young Ones, his next project would be 'exploring new fields'. Check:
The Young Ones - manic self-obsessed Rik.
Filthy, Rich and Catflap - manic self-obsessed Richie.
Bottom - manic self-obsessed Richie.
What would have been next?

Manic self-obsessed Alan B'Stard?

Quote: Chappers @ 6th October 2018, 5:26 PM

Manic self-obsessed Alan B'Stard?

The New Statesman, was great. The first two series was brilliant. 3rd series was okay and the 4th series was awful.

About to watch the Getty film with my hero Christopher Plummer who stepped in at the last minute. Don't know that I want to see him looking old. :(

Echo and the Bunnymen on Jools on BBC2. One of my fave bands of all time.

Just watched C5's new model railway contest prog. About time such a show was conceived so well done C5 again. Was it good watching? Yes of course, it has model railways. Was it well made? Imo no it was appallingly lax in technical info and as always spent too little time on the finished articles themselves. It seemed too interested in finding characters as most modern shows are, instead of the subject. It looked for a villain to focus on, it found one and boy did it focus on him at the expense of the great models.

The real catalyst for the controversy producers love to find was the female judge they picked for a notoriously blokey hobby. Bound to ruffle feathers of the not very up on modern social norms type of obsessive male hobbyist. She seized on an over confident gentleman who cheekily bent the rules and after instantly banning his team from winning she savaged him in the judges comments at the end. Excellent viewing then with happy producers all round. Just a shame we didn't see more of the models.

Well I've just given Black Panther 20 minute's of my life. Another CGI masterpiece - not. Nothing looks real. Shockingly bad film. I actually can't watch any more.

Nearest and dearest

Quote: lofthouse @ 14th October 2018, 12:03 PM

Nearest and dearest

Excellent.

I've come to woo mish Nelly

The boys from the black stuff