Sick Of It

Anyone else enjoying this?

Not caught it yet.
All the trailers have been quite funny.
But essentially it's just the same thing in a different format - it'll be interesting to see if & how they stick any sort of narrative in.
Or if they just don't bother.

There are storylines although there isn't really any discernible difference between Pilkington and his inner voice (apart from a beanie hat).

Any information or advice on what this is? Doesn't look like the BCG has anything at the top of the page.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/karl_pilkington_sick_of_it/

An excellent comedy drama series, better than I was expecting actually. I'd like to see a second series, but not sure whether Karl would be up for filming more episodes. I hope so.

Loved this. It was very sentimental, and conveyed Karl's feelings brilliantly. All laughs felt earned. I was a little concerned him playing himself would feel a bit tacky, but it didn't, and it fit the format perfectly.

Plus, Karl said on his Facebook page there's a second series. I'm excited! :)

Yes, he's also confirmed he's writing a second series on Facebook. Great news.

What a lovely series this was.

I was wary this would be a Peep Show rip-off, but he came about it from a different angle. I like how you can physically see his inner-self rather than how Peep Show do it - nothing wrong with that, but just allowed for it to differ from each other.

A smartly written, slightly frustrating series! Which I guess is the point. Why on earth would you bother shifting an old sofa instead of turning up at your relative's funeral? Only part of the series I was a little critical on. Couldn't enjoy the comedy for that!

:D

https://old.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/dy5quj/karl_pilkington_just_shared_a_pirated_episode_of/

That's nothing - I've actually seen pirate rips of shows broadcast as clips on other TV shows in the past!

There's a thread on BCG somewhere in which readers are asked to name the most "naturally talented" comedians.

For my money, Karl Pilkington is right up there with the best of them.

In fact, he might be right at the top of the list given that all he has to do in order to be spectacularly funny is simply be himself - and that, surely, is the very essence of natural talent.

Sick of It is among the most enjoyable sitcoms I've ever seen.

Quite bleak at points, but lots of complementary sweet parts and silliness as well. Laughed a fair bit.

Managed to binge watch all the second series on Friday night, I really enjoyed them. I mean, it won't have you rolling round the floor with laughter, but it is a cracking series.

I'd happily watch a third, if they were to make one.

G180e, same here, good sitcom - watchable, not much to choose from.