Newsjack Series 19 Page 19

Quote: Thosisd @ 2nd October 2018, 12:05 PM

Anyone else have a delay on confirmation

I submitted at 10ish, got an auto-reply about five minutes later. I wouldn't worry too much: emails generally don't missing; but Newsjack's auto-reply does seem to take its time. I've seen people tweet the NJ account for confirmation, so that's an option for you if you're worried your submissions didn't arrive.

No sketches or NJpedias this week. And poor one-liners so very low expectations this week.

Quote: Exe Chris @ 2nd October 2018, 1:21 PM

No sketches or NJpedias this week. And poor one-liners so very low expectations this week.

The fact that you wrote any at all with a cat stuck your face is pretty good going.

Best of luck, everyone.

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 2nd October 2018, 1:13 PM

I went with :
Oneliners - Beckham / Geoffrey from Rainbow / Welsh NHS dentists
Newsjackipedia Kanye / The Cry / Physics

Rainbow! Ahh memories...
I did: dead body was a sex doll, flying car, Kardashian's coat.
Njpedias - Queenie's wave machine, Eugenie's guests, Trinny and Susannah.

Just one sketch this week on Oxford St hugger muggers - but it's the traditional slow week so acceptance is guaranteed, right?

I only did one sketch this week, i managed to squeeze out six gags though. Do we have any comedy spies in tomorrow?

Sketch-wise plumbed for Ryder Cup bolshie French caddy and a daft dystopian AI number starring Boris. Not a chance me thinks.

We went for sketches on Assange and the Bletchley Park lady who took her secret to the grave. Good luck everyone!

PS - (from the conversation a few pages back) re boaty mcboatface- we had a joke used a few series back on that theme - Alex Jones off the One Show asked viewers to help name her baby, Bookies offering 2 to 1 odds on Jonesy McJonesface.

Quote: Bonzo @ 3rd October 2018, 7:09 PM

We went for sketches on Assange and the Bletchley Park lady who took her secret to the grave. Good luck everyone!

PS - (from the conversation a few pages back) re boaty mcboatface- we had a joke used a few series back on that theme - Alex Jones off the One Show asked viewers to help name her baby, Bookies offering 2 to 1 odds on Jonesy McJonesface.

I remember it well. It was the start of the Mcface jokes.

I just asked someone who tweeted that they saw the show being recorded tonight what the stand out sketches were. They said

"So many good ones, Lorry Land, Trump's love letter, Roald Dahl characters, to mention a few, was great. Some great writing"

Oh my god I wrote a sketch called LorryLand!

Oh no, now my hopes are being cruelly built up!

Thanks for the detective work.

Sketches I recall from last night's recording:
Lorryland
Dahl characters reunion
Louis Theroux on Euro-prison
Hancock app addiction
Hi Def Horse Balls
Politician Tinder
Shakespeare builders
Eco- footballers
Pipe Idol
Phone-in Radio DJ receives death threats?

Some very funny performances.

Was wondering when Louis Theroux would make an appearance. Intrigued by the Roald Dahl one. Because I've got zero expectations for my own submissions, I'm actually looking forward to the show for a change. Quite possibly the way forward.

Typical the week I don't submit any sketches we get a report back.

Pleased it sounds like we may have a winner...or at least a near-misser.

Good luck all!

Good luck for tonight everyone!

J x