Mock The Week - Series 13 Page 3

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 16th October 2014, 12:17 PM BST

...resembles the last days of They Think It's All Over...

Bit like the Last Days of Pompeii, but with more sodomy and less Frankie Howerd?

I've no idea what series they're up to now as I haven't watched it for years, and owing to the fact that this seems to be the most recent posting, nobody else seems to watch it either.

However I saw a bit of it last night between programmes. It's supposed to be a topical comedy with clever stand ups improvising. However there was some stupid tart giving a lefty feminist rant. I'm glad I don't regularly watch it. Unfortunate as I really like Milton Jones.

It's pretty good. Much improved by the presence of women actually. Much improved from a few years ago when it really seemed to be going off too. Best avoided if.you hate or fear ladies though.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 23rd September 2018, 4:09 PM

It's pretty good. Much improved by the presence of women actually. Much improved from a few years ago when it really seemed to be going off too. Best avoided if.you hate or fear ladies though.

But isn't she there to make jokes? If she did then I'd have more respect for her but it was just a soapbox rant - probably to the converted - so what was the point?

I don't actually know who you mean. Sounds like you only saw a snapshot of it anyway.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 24th September 2018, 10:08 PM

I don't actually know who you mean. Sounds like you only saw a snapshot of it anyway.

No. Regrettably I saw nearly a whole programme.

The "Right on" audience enjoyed it - or did they?

This is the one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bk6fv4/mock-the-week-series-17-episode-8

I didn't know people still said "right on"! Anyway, some of these issues are discussed in this article I just found..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44965502

An interesting article ,I thought it was right on

"Mock the Week" is a strange comedy show because, for me, it's simply not very entertaining despite having some very funny people on the panel. Mathematically speaking, the whole is very much less than the sum of its parts.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 2nd October 2018, 9:14 PM

"Mock the Week" is a strange comedy show because, for me, it's simply not very entertaining despite having some very funny people on the panel. Mathematically speaking, the whole is very much less than the sum of its parts.

I agree. I tired of it years ago.

I enjoy it.
Anyone else who hates or fears women can probably find some old woman-free episodes on Dave.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 12th October 2018, 2:12 PM

Anyone else who hates or fears women can probably find some old woman-free episodes on Dave.

I hate and fear women.

I feel exactly the same way about men too - and children.

Clearly, not everyone who dislikes Mock the week is a misogynist. Just to be clear.