Newsjack Series 19 Page 12

Got back from hols Saturday night so just managed one sketch this week. Had a vague idea for a second but thought it better to have a single coherent submission!

Submitted a sketch for the first time this series. I can already feel the rejection so at least my spidey sense is working normally.

Also first sketch for me this series. Quite please with it, although could be a bit short ( and thanks again Bonzo and Mrkgrngr for template help )

This morning I had only two sketches, both on the same news story, so quickly knocked out a very short sketch about a much smaller story before breakfast. I just didn't want to put all my funny eggs in one comedy basket.

First sketch for me this series and I'm quite pleased with it. Less pleased to hear that lots of other people have submitted; I was kinda hoping for less competition to give me a better chance...

ExeChris - is that your comedy writing partner ?

Kenny Bania - yeah he's the brains of the outfit.

No sketches from me - I don't do sketches, they're just not my forte.

Working one the oneliners for submission tonight/tomorrow. Struggling this week for some reason. not so much light hearted news around to tweak the nose of.

You know if you think you've come up with some decent oneliners...do you then regularly read them (well after being sent) to make sure they still sound funny, and maybe to the point of pathological obsession ? #newsjackconfessions :D

I read them at least once a day after submitting. I tend to obsess over every detail of them so am always re-reading.

Sadly, this doesn't confirm that you're normal. It just shows we're all nuts.

and the whole, putting on an auburn wig, lipstick and glasses and standing in front of the mirror pretending you're angela barnes reading one of your jokes to an audience of lego men thing...that's all perfectly normal too is it?

Afraid so.

I've substituted Playmobil figures in place of Lego people - Generally, I find them more receptive to my material

I did try in front of some Sylvanian families, but they were brutal

Oneliners submitted! I waited until the last ten minutes to see if any hilarious epiphany struck hehe!

Good luck for episode 3 everyone!

J x

Yes, good luck all.

Out of curiosity, what did everyone go for this week?

My sketches were Ross Kemp helps Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn misses an opportunity.