Newsjack Series 19 Page 11

Quote: B T F @ 21st September 2018, 11:09 PM

I am probably going to get stick for this and get shot down in flames but I just want to say that on the odd occasion feedback on this forum and other comments can be aggressive, rude, a little sneering, maybe even unkind. I always give feedback in as positive a way as I can. Always. Bear in mind, if someone has had the courage to put their work up for feedback you should show some respect for that. You might not like the work - fine. Give feedback in a constructive way. It is absolutely fine to criticise but don't be rude, aggressive, negative, sneering. There is no need for it and I find it offensive. Just show a bit of respect.

Can you point us in the direction of any of the comments BTP. If it is non-Criteque posts it could just be established posters who have a piss-taking relationship, piss taking each other.

Sounds like you've dealt with things in your own way, so fair play to you BTF. In the words of Theodore Roosevelt 'it's not the critic who counts....'

Time to get the truffle pig out and go snuffling for giggly news.

Mine was the Eugenie's wedding "pin the cost on the taxpayer" gag.

Unless you didn't like it, in which case it wasn't. It was one you laughed at.

The following Newsjackipedia of mine made the script but was cut from the show:

Lumley: A free holiday on which you pretend to be incredibly interested in things you've never heard of before.

Not the greatest thing I've ever come up with but it apparently made some people at the beeb laugh ever so slightly.

Quote: AndyGilder @ 22nd September 2018, 10:33 PM

Mine was the Eugenie's wedding "pin the cost on the taxpayer" gag.

Unless you didn't like it, in which case it wasn't. It was one you laughed at.

Lovely!

Quote: Auditchris @ 22nd September 2018, 10:43 PM

The following Newsjackipedia of mine made the script but was cut from the show:

Lumley: A free holiday on which you pretend to be incredibly interested in things you've never heard of before.

Not the greatest thing I've ever come up with but it apparently made some people at the beeb laugh ever so slightly.

I like it :)

@AndyG...lol'd at that one.
@AuditC...v witty

Ta Danno & Bonzo - the set-up got tweaked a bit in the script editing process but they kept the concept of the joke.

As someone whose technical ineptitude with templates knows no bounds, would welcome advice on the sketch template - whereabouts do the few lines for Angela go ? Is it in the 'insert news reference' bit ' ?
Apologies if I'm asking the bleedin obvious

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 23rd September 2018, 6:38 PM

As someone whose technical ineptitude with templates knows no bounds, would welcome advice on the sketch template - whereabouts do the few lines for Angela go ? Is it in the 'insert news reference' bit ' ?

we generally put it as part of the sketch - so just type 'Angela' or 'Intro' at the start and bobs your uncle.

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 23rd September 2018, 6:38 PM

At the start of the script where it first says 'NAME' replace NAME with ANGELA then press tab and you're away. The news reference bit is for a link to, or description of, your source.

Thanks - much appreciated

Well I made it in about ten minutes before deadline with two sketches written very quickly this morning.

Almost missed the week as I really struggled but I challenge myself to submit full allocation for all episodes.

2 in at 11.59!! phew!

Pfffff...there goes another Monday deadline. Managed the full quota this week and feeling a little more buoyant, so here's hoping.

Quote: Bonzo @ 24th September 2018, 12:07 PM

2 in at 11.59!! phew!

It's a last minute kind of week.