Bad Move Page 4

OK, not wanting to have a whole greyed out page of posts -- enjoyed tonight's but thought the house was going to collapse and that was it, and realised tonight that they are their own worst enemy.

Loved it again. Just watched it on my laptop in the absence of any TV.

I thought the village shopkeeper was about to laugh as she stuffed the meat into her mouth.

Refreshing to see something new that's not half bad and liking Jack Dee already helped.

Good to see that this is returning. I've always liked Jack Dee.

It's only just occurred to me though who the rock star is. Seann Walsh. Let's see how he gets on in Strictly.

I know it's the whole point but I do wish that something went right for them - just once!

Quote: Chappers @ 21st September 2018, 8:57 PM

I know it's the whole point but I do wish that something went right for them - just once!

No I agree, this annoys me too! It's funny how it worked so well in say One Foot, horrible things happening to basically nice people, whereas here it just comes across as mean spirited. The fact that basically every single person in their village is an arsehole only adds to this.

It works in One Foot because Victor (and Margaret) get their little victories from time to time; they are able to let off steam. It's later on that it comes back to bite them in the arse. In something like Bad Move the characters never get that period of satisfaction - their lashing out immediately comes back at them. See this week's episode where Steve rants at the builder, then is told the guy has cancer.

There's a Christmas episode this year isn't there? Maybe they'll get a mini-win then. That or the awkwardness/disaster is ramped up, ha.

I think I've fallen in love! Hannah Waddingham as the interior designer.

Quote: Aaron @ 22nd September 2018, 8:35 PM

It works in One Foot because Victor (and Margaret) get their little victories from time to time; they are able to let off steam. It's later on that it comes back to bite them in the arse. In something like Bad Move the characters never get that period of satisfaction - their lashing out immediately comes back at them. See this week's episode where Steve rants at the builder, then is told the guy has cancer.

Plus the fact, of course, that many of the plots in One Foot In The Grave were of such a surreal nature that the humour came from the absurdity of the situations, knowing that they would never happen in real life, rather than at the mere unpleasantness and misfortunes of the various characters.