Only Fools And Horses quiz Page 57

Correctamundo Gordon Ur Go.

This is an unofficial question in a way... I am just curious as to know which film (if any) the show was mimicking in 'If they could see us Now' scene, where they all get out of the cab and are lined up in a row, looking like a gangster family?

Hi Guys,

I have just launched my Limited Editions of the Batman & Robin Only Fools and Horses Sketch Street Art / Collage.

https://ekim.gallery/product/only-fools-and-horses-batman-and-robin/

Only 75 Available.

Ekim

It looks great, Ekim.

Well done Mike.

Quote: Ekim Street Artist @ 8th June 2019, 1:13 AM

Hi Guys,

I have just launched my Limited Editions of the Batman & Robin Only Fools and Horses Sketch Street Art / Collage.

https://ekim.gallery/product/only-fools-and-horses-batman-and-robin/

Only 75 Available.

Ekim

Not to discourage your work - it looks funky.

£295 is very, very steep mate. I don't doubt the effort that goes in and I am sure you've sold a few - and if you have, what the hell do I know.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 12th June 2019, 5:44 PM

I don't doubt the effort that goes in

Not much effort goes into taking a photograph of a painting and printing off an inkjet copy - and that's exactly what's on offer.

The question is whether or not a 24" x 36" photograph of this painting is worth £295.

As Eric Morecambe used to say, there's no answer to that.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 12th June 2019, 5:57 PM

Not much effort goes into taking a photograph of a painting and printing off an inkjet copy - and that's exactly what's on offer.

The question is whether or not a 24" x 36" photograph of this painting is worth £295.

As Eric Morecambe used to say, there's no answer to that.

Ha, ha - okay, I was being kind natured with the 'effort' line but at least we agree that the price advertised is ludicrious. If it was signed by Sir DJ/NL/JS etc, then we'd understand.

Sometimes people advertise their work at an extraordinary high price so the perception is that the quality of work is of the highest quality. Again, no disrespect to this person but it's a digital print - for £295.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 16th June 2019, 5:54 PM

If it was signed by Sir DJ/NL/JS etc, then we'd understand.

Out of interest, I have a montage, signed by all three of those you mention plus Buster Merryfield, John Challis, Sue Holderness, Kenneth MacDonald, Gwynneth Strong, Patrick Murray, Tessa Peake-Jones, Jim Broadbent & Ben Smith (one of the Damiens). I paid more than £295 for it. And, no, I am not proposing to sell it.

It depends on the artist and reputation so the price might be reasonable but I don't understand the limited print as a way of selling it because there could be other print runs in the future. It's a nice collage which is quite detailed but it would take a very popular artist to be able to charge that amount for a print of a collage.

Looking at the website - £295 seems reasonable compared to the other prices!

I'd still like to say that the spray art work is very good - but I think I am a bit ignorant at how these things are priced.

It must be tricky for an artist to price their own work because they don't want to undersell themselves but if they overprice their work it leads to no sales and they give up on being a professional artist because it's not paying the bills. It looks like the guy has social media channels and they show exhibitions which is the best way to sell yourself so he should concentrate on that. Not join a forum to make a one-off advertisement with links to their website. Not trying to sound harsh to the OP but if they scour the internet for forums to join and post links to items for sale they will probably attract negative feedback and for an artist reputation is everything.

Hi Guys, I am glad I have been able to drum up a bit of conversation. It is really interesting to read your comments. Firstly I am a huge Only Fools and Horses fan who doesn't go around looking for Forums just to advertise my work on. I thought it would be a good way to let other fans know about my work available. The price is not just for a photo that has been printed.

The original artwork was created using official only fools and horses memorabila, selected and placed in the right areas, I drew and hand cut a Stencil of Del and Rodney as Batman and Robin then hand painted using spray paints, This alone took many hours. We then Scan the original at 800 dpi on a scanner that costs £40,000 so I could understand you guys would fall off your chair at that and then we print the Artwork using large format Giclee Prints which costs around £2,000, never mind the cost of the ink and paper. The Artwork is printed on hand torn art paper. Once you factor all that plus the time to create the original you can see why I sell the limited editions at £295 with is 10% of the cost of the original. The limited editions are only available 1 of 75 and are hand signed by myself Ekim. My Street Art can be found in London, Los Angeles, and Paris and a few other towns.

"Not much effort goes into taking a photograph of a painting and printing off an inkjet copy - and that's exactly what's on offer." My Answer to this is you didn't think about the original effort that went into the painting and the effort that goes into creating a Limited Edition Print. @Rood!

Thanks for all the positive comments @Beaky and @Tommy!

Quote: Ekim Street Artist @ 17th June 2019, 3:02 PM

"Not much effort goes into taking a photograph of a painting and printing off an inkjet copy - and that's exactly what's on offer." My Answer to this is you didn't think about the original effort that went into the painting and the effort that goes into creating a Limited Edition Print. @Rood!

Alas, I did indeed fail totally to consider the original effort that went into the painting and the effort that goes into creating a limited edition print.

Knowing what I know now as a result of your very informative post on the subject, I have no doubt that buyers will be beating a path to your door to purchase your works at the very reasonable advertised prices.

I wish them all very good luck as those that manage to buy them will be very lucky indeed.

A delightfully obnoxious reply, Rood Eye. You may still disagree, but given the time Ekim has taken to explain the process, you could show a scintilla more appreciation and respect.