Newsjack Series 19 Page 10

Wow - well done everyone. Perhaps one of the most successful weeks I've seen for forum members.

Congratulations (yet again) Bonzo. Superb consistency over several series.

Thanks everyone, we'll let you know what it was later :)

Well done Blinkered, Chris, Audtichris and GoWithIt and very well done Jane/Viv!

And if you're interested in other sketch opportunities where you might get paid then be sure to check out this new thread: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34612/ (Shamelessly highjacking thread but hey I'm guessing sketch writers are reading this!)

Well done to everyone for their success. Normal service resumed for me this week, no e-mails from NJ.

Ours was a breaking news in the final section about a Hamburg 7 year old who organised a march against parents' use of smartphones.

My initial thought last night was 'blimey, this has come around quickly' as Newsjackpedias came up.
Liked the 'pray day loan' joke . Presume the betting slip gaga must've been a team writer ( didn't this story break after the deadline ? )
Good to hear what sounded like a lot of new contributors in the second half of the alphabet
Out of interest, any one on this forum been submitting since series one ?

'gag' not 'gaga'

since series one!! I'd like to shake that person(s) by the hand. I'm picturing that grail knight in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

no sweet smelling email for me (standard)

lots of good news for others i see, das ist gut.

onwards

The betting story definitely broke before the deadline, as it was the basis for one of the one-liners I sent in:
'A man in his 80's fought off three armed robbers in a bookies. He said he fancied his chances after winning an earlier three-to-one.'
...unfortunately they got sent a better one.

Well done everyone who got stuff on.

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 21st September 2018, 8:32 AM

Out of interest, any one on this forum been submitting since series one ?

*Raises hand slowly*

Good on you. I believe I submitted to the very first episode, gave up and returned for series 17.

Well done all, I've been away from writing for a bit but got on episode 2. Mine was the Pray day loan one liner.

Nice one liner, Richard
As a mere amateur, I look at the profile of some you pros and think yikes

Quote: Richard Woolford @ 21st September 2018, 12:25 PM

Well done all, I've been away from writing for a bit but got on episode 2. Mine was the Pray day loan one liner.

Well done Richard - great one!

Good episode. Fav sketch was the church loans. Also enjoyed Poldark for pure silliness. In the interests of balance, Salisbury Cathedral sketch and hospital resignations didn't quite butter my parsnips.

@BTF What gives? Sorry you're feeling that way, and don't let petty comments stand in the way of your passion for writing.