Newsjack Series 19 Page 8

My sketches were archaic divorce laws, starring sir Boris, and breast pump catwalk models. Not feeling the oneliners at all this week but managed to rustle up a rude one about Katie Hopkins. Onward

One sketch for me this week, on the trial matches for 100 ball cricket. Some oneliners too, of variable quality.

Here's one I nearly sent and then rejected.

Britain's oldest woman celebrated her 112th birthday this week. She received a telegram from the Queen and a thank you letter from some very happy candle makers.

I would always send what you have. You never know. I'll only scrap a gag if it gets bumped for a better one.

Best of luck all.

My other ones were better. The three one-liners & three "Newsjackpedias" limit was a killer this week!

Too focused on digs at Brexiteers and their supporters. Anti Trump. Anti Boris anti Rees Mogg. All Brexiteers are thick racists blah blah yawn yawn. No balance. No cutting edge satire. Too establishment friendly and scared to be outspoken. Personally I'm tired of being patronised and lectured to by the programme. Very rarely raises a titter.

not bad, just a tad too long and needs a punchline.

Quote: smudger @ 18th September 2018, 8:31 PM

Too focused on digs at Brexiteers and their supporters. Anti Trump. Anti Boris anti Rees Mogg. All Brexiteers are thick racists blah blah yawn yawn. No balance. No cutting edge satire. Too establishment friendly and scared to be outspoken. Personally I'm tired of being patronised and lectured to by the programme.

I agree that there is a lot of material like that on the show, but I guess they only get the pick of the jokes which are sent in.

I have had a gag on which was critical of Corbyn.

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 19th September 2018, 11:39 AM

I agree that there is a lot of material like that on the show, but I guess they only get the pick of the jokes which are sent in.

I have had a gag on which was critical of Corbyn.

Was it is this one:

Q. Why does Jeremy Corbyn support communism?

A. Because he is a c**t.

:P

Coat?

:D

Quote: Will Cam @ 19th September 2018, 2:42 PM

Was it is this one:

Q. Why does Jeremy Corbyn support communism?

A. Because he is a c**t.

:P

No, it was nothing as high brow as that.

Just discovered this, so the first time I've posted. In the interests of political balance, I'm a Trump supporting brexiteer and my sister is Katie Hopkins
Enjoyed last weeks show, but agree with comments about the newsjackpedia section being weak. Thought it was strong on breaking news with one exception - the one about Sandi Toksvig - could see the punchline / sound ending coming a mile off
Been trying to get stuff on for the last three series. Had two 'made the cuts' and one that made the show - 'Debt ridden Kanye West is to be bailed out by the British government after changing his name from Kanye to Nat' ( Always good to bask in past glories )

Really struggle with the sketch writing, but enjoy the challenge of the one-liners. Anyone have any particular favourites they remember ? I can recall a good one which was roughly about ' vinyl melting on the hottest summers day since records began '

Managed three one liners this week ( Salisbury / Russians - probably too dated by now, though, - Liam/ Lily Allen, and model giving birth after Rihanna fashion show ) and just one 'pedia' - pretty weak one about Justin Welby.

Good luck to all this Thursday. Great to discover this . I'm showing my age now, but I still pine for another series of 'Not The Nine O'clock News '..........

I managed a sketch on Victoria Beckham's debt laden fashion label. May be too predictably included references to what you "want, really really want" and "spent it like Beckham" etc, but it was a biggish gossip story so am confident others will have had a bash at this one, but you never know - and it's not over til the thin lady sings!

Did we have any spies in tonight?