Getting noticed

Good morning. I was hoping to pick a few brains in relation to 'getting noticed' and how people on here have been successful at it?

I have written a number a Sketch scripts and a couple of revised pilot episodes for sitcoms which to date tend to spend time just sat on my hard drive going no where.
I'm one of those guys who always notices a competition when it has already closed so I was wondering if any of you have had success either by submitting script ideas directly to production companies or Tv Channels directly.

I'm under the impression that the best route forward it to pitch your script to the production companies but as there is so much contradictory information around who accepts and who doesn't accept unsolicited scripts I find it all too confusing.

I wish to send my work out to people as at the very least I will expect some honest feedback.

Are agents the way forward? Or for a simple dreamer like myself am I destined just to wait for the next big competition?

Any advice would be greatly received as I'm sure there are hundreds of people like me with lots of ideas and no idea of were to go next.

Before you even think about sending stuff off, make sure it's up to scratch.
Get people to read them.
You can pay for the privilege (but do a bit of research, some are shitter than others).
Or you can post stuff here.
There's various levels of expertise, from those with broadcast credits, to enthusiastic amateurs, to those who don't know what the f**k they're talking about - it'll be up to you to sort the wheat from the chaff.
You really need to be sure you're in the rough ballpark with your work - you'll only get one shot at these people and they have long memories.
Post stuff here is my advice.
And forget agents - like sharks, they only turn up when they can smell money.

Follow Lazzard's advice. Put ten pages of one of your sitcoms up on this forum and we'll give you some advice. Expecting any feedback from production companies - if you find one that accepts unsolicited scripts in the first place - is wishful thinking.

Thanks Guys for the advice. I was always unsure about posting material on a public forum like this but I guess its the best way to get some honest feedback from people with experience in the industry.

Once I have everything 100% ill post a couple of scenes and see what level I'm at first.

Thanks again

The good thing about this place is you can post if it's only at 80%.
You won't have burnt any bridges and you get some early feedback -which, whilst not always at pro level, is certainly better than asking friends and family.
Good luck and get posting.

Thanks Lazzard. l'll post the first Scene on the critique page tonight. I've never let anyone see anything I write so this is a first for me. But then why write things for no one to ever read.

No pain, no gain.
:)