Newsjack Series 19 Page 7

Got my two in last night. Happy with them but the stories likely too old/small with so much else going on. I try to avoid politics and other major stories as topical isn't my strength.

One liners ready but again sitting on them in case anything better hits.

Good luck all.

Congratulations Gap1, Andysteph and Thosisd - an episode 1 credit is a very good achievement.

I really liked the episode, particularly the sketches some really strong ideas in there. Scallop Wars and Karen Bradley leapt out to me but to be honest thought they were all good. Felt like a strong start to the series.

I agree with whoever said it earlier that Newsjackapedia was a little weaker still felt like a work in progress. Hopefully that will improve as we get more used to what they are after. I saw lots of really good ones people had written but maybe they were more a topical Uxbridge English Dictionary and that wasn't what they were after.

Anyway well done to the Big Three for episode 1 and let's see who'll join them in episode 2.

Thanks Stephen. Looking forward to seeing more people from here getting through this week.

How much do they pay? Yes, I know the glory's the main thing, just wondering...

£43.00 per min for sketch
£21.50 per 30 seconds for sketch
£21.50 per one-liner

I for one cannot wait to give up the day job, as soon as I learn to live on £21.50 every three months I'm handing in my notice

Quote: BTF @ 17th September 2018, 4:56 PM

That is an impressive hit rate!

If only, one can but dream

That annoying moment when you send off your three one-liners Monday evening and your strongest (albeit most obvious) one appears almost word for word as a NewsThump article in your Facebook feed on Tuesday morning...

A couple of half-baked oneliners in. The pick of them is probably too rude (toilet humour is my default setting when I'm struggling). Did pull a couple of sketches out of the hat this week. The chance is always a fine thing. Bon chance

Oneliners in! Fingers crossed! Good luck everyone!

J x

hello. our sketches were on John Lewis profits slump and St Mirren bring in a magician. good luck everyone!

Pete Doherty opening a hotel and pizza related injuries.

I had an idea about the divorce reforms being similar to brexit with the "chequers plan" changing very little of the divorce law but I ran out of time and struggled with the punch line.

I also sent a one liner that Boris was like an Australian strawberry, very sweet at first but a little prick catches you out.

I really struggled to write this week. I managed to submit six gags, four of which I thought were pretty good and one sketch which I thought was pretty funny, but I am never sure how close to make things to the source story.

Howdy. Submitted one-liners on Salisbury panic/Lily and Liam, Big Brother being axed and Ed Sheeran going hiking with Taylor Swift.

Jackipedia entries were on the Emmys, the Lib Dem conference and Katie Hopkins.