Newsjack Series 19 Page 6

Quote: GAP1 @ 13th September 2018, 8:38 PM

I got the good e-mail, very surprised

Nice one. Pleased to hear it.

Many thanks. Lots of congrats to you and andysteph81. I'm well used to getting nothing in so it's nice to have a bit of a change

Well done to those who got on.

I thought that was a good show. Funny sketches, clever one-liners, some genuine laughs - good stuff! OK there were a couple of clunkers but the most surprising thing was the "Newsjackipedias". They just didn't seem to work and were about the weakest part of the show. It's almost like everyone is trying to avoid being too ISIHAC "Uxbridge" and the jokes are therefore a bit poorly structured and don't really work. Overall though a great start to the season - 8/10

Enjoyed the show. My contribution was:

Scientists can detect areas of obesity using satellite imagery. A spokesperson said, 'Yo Mamma SO fat, she's visible from space!'

Quote: Thosisd @ 14th September 2018, 9:09 AM

Enjoyed the show. My contribution was:

Scientists can detect areas of obesity using satellite imagery. A spokesperson said, 'Yo Mamma SO fat, she's visible from space!'

Great gagLaughing out loud

Thank you.

Well done to everyone who got on, mine was the 'great news for turtles, bad news for horses' breaking news.

Quote: andysteph81 @ 14th September 2018, 1:26 PM

Well done to everyone who got on, mine was the 'great news for turtles, bad news for horses' breaking news.

That was one of the best on the show, great work!

Well done to those who were successful!

I have no idea if my sketch reached the office in time.

Emails:
Sent: 10 September 2018 11:58
To: 'newsjacksubmissions@bbc.co.uk'
Hi,
Please see the attached sketch submission for NewsJack.
Many thanks.
Regards,

From: newsjacksubmissions@bbc.co.uk [mailto:newsjacksubmissions@bbc.co.uk]
Sent: 10 September 2018 12:04
Subject: NewsJack Submissions (Auto Reply Message)
Thank you for submitting to Newsjack.

Our submissions open again on Friday 7th September. Unfortunately we can't accept anything received before this date

We apologise that we can?t get back to everyone?s submissions, but promise that everything is read and considered.

Our deadlines are:

Sketches: Noon Monday
One-Liners: Noon Tuesday
Every week until 15/16 October

Going by the reply I'm going to presume not!
I mean, why else wouldn't my sketch have made it on to the show?Rolling eyes

Mine was the one-liner about the hearse for Burt Reynolds' funeral being chased by six police cars

Really well done Gap1, Andysteph and Thosisd!! Those were great jokes, and I thought it was a very strong and very funny episode. Good luck for week 2 everyone!

The Burt Reynolds one liner was great. As was the Jamie Oliver sketch that they saved until last. I really laughed hard at both of them.

scallop wars tickled my fancy. well done you clever eggs wot got picked

So many great topics this week! Really tricky to trim everything down to the required numbers. Wish it was like this all the time.