Newsjack Series 19 Page 3

Trying to beat the clock this morning so sent a couple of Breaking News before setting off for work but really struggled though to come up with anything on the spot, but off they went anyway.
Good luck all!

Is the recording tonight or was it yesterday? I have a mind block!

Is anyone going / did anyone go?

I love the pre-Thursday email heads up on what stuff we haven't got on hehe!

J x

Tonight. Hoping someone's going.

I really need to get there myself sometime.

It's tonight, I'm not going though, hope that helps! If there's a one-liner about one trillion dollars or Elon Musk that was mine.

Otherwise it's off to the NEWSJACK REJECTS - AUTUMN 2018 thread. I've just created one over in the Critique part of this forum, see you all there!

I was in a field in North Wales when I remembered the deadline so I quickly sent off some one liners.

If that system works I might be tempted to drive back to North Wales every week.

Quote: johnfromsoho @ 12th September 2018, 4:28 PM

I was in a field in North Wales when I remembered the deadline so I quickly sent off some one liners.

If that system works I might be tempted to drive back to North Wales every week.

I'm sure they were Rhyl quality.

A few of the sketches I can recall performed tonight...
Borisguard
Scallop war
John McConnel taking things too literally
Dogs in Wetherspoons
Jamie Oliver v Burglar
Nuisance phone calls, inc Theresa May
Richest student ever
Middle-aged/class drinkers exposed on BBC lll
Hole drilled in space station

Also, some very strong one-liners and the Newsjackpaedia worked better than I thought it would , a topical twist on the Uxbridge Dictionary format.

Brilliant! Thanks for the feedback!

Don't suppose you can recall any of the NewsJackpeadia can you?

J x

A very naughty one about Boris Bikes!
A definition of First Day At School

HA! Looking forward to listening!

Thanks ever so much!

On to episode two ????????????

J x

Quote: Blinkered @ 12th September 2018, 11:44 PM

Dogs in Wetherspoons

I did a sketch on this news story - do you remember what the sketch angle? Mine was about it being very bad news for 1950's gag writers and all the people who sound like dogs not being allowed in the pub.

I also did a sketch about John McDonnell refuting the 'call off the dogs claim' but avoided the taking it too literally angle as Chris Addison had already made that joke in a series of tweets

Looks like nothing for me. Fingers crossed for one liners.

Thanks for reporting back.

Didn't Jamie vs burglar break after the deadline? That must be a commissioned sketch.

If I remember correctly the angle was dog versions of boorish blokes-in-pub behaviour

Anyone else got them Newsjack sweats?

Must say my confidence is quite low at the minute.

Does any feedback ever come from Newsjack? For example, should I send in sketches every week that they like but won't work due to always having the same issue (too long, too much requirement on impressions or FX) will they let you know or do you just end up wasting time sending in things that will not be used as you do not know that you are breaking a golden rule each time?