End of One Foot in the Grave

Hi everyone!

I was just watching the final episode of One Foot in the Grave. It still makes me feel abit emotional especially at the end. This was without a doubt one of the greatest sitcoms ever. I really wish Victor had not been killed off. I would just love to see what knots he would get himself tied up in these days and what things he would moan about. Wish it had lasted longer. RIP Victor!

Really miss Victor and Margaret! :(

There's the Comic Relief sketch based around the Sixth Sense movie which is also quite emulsional when you get what's happening . . .

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 7th April 2014, 9:52 PM BST

There's the Comic Relief sketch based around the Sixth Sense movie which is also quite emulsional when you get what's happening . . .

Just watched it, that's excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uhn-QmQ2rA

Great writing in that Comic Relief special, great way of bringing the character back. Couldn't quite remember seeing it before.

The genius behind OFITG and how it ended, was how Renwick was not afraid to provide the inevitable and fatal ending to one of the finest comedy characters of all time. It only makes the series more special when you look back at it.

However, I wish he was never killed off and he had some sort of final victory.

Did Margaret kill whatsherface? Or did she leave her to stew in sheer guilt and not provide her with closure?

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 2nd September 2018, 12:45 PM

Did Margaret kill whatsherface? Or did she leave her to stew in sheer guilt and not provide her with closure?

That was very cleverly done - it was left up to the viewer to decide one way or the other. To be honest, although she talked about killing with her bare hands, I don't think Margaret would've had it in her.

Quote: John M @ 7th September 2018, 12:25 AM

That was very cleverly done - it was left up to the viewer to decide one way or the other. To be honest, although she talked about killing with her bare hands, I don't think Margaret would've had it in her.

I do wish Renwick had a clear idea what she had done - even if it meant he kept it to himself. That way, we know something did happen.

For me, she wouldn't have harmed her. I think she'd have felt it was enough to understand who had killed Victor and leaving her feeling guilty was satisfiying, albeit dark enough, for her.