New Eric & Ernie photos...

Not sure this one is labelled correctly.
Says Eric & Ernie with Derek Nimmo.
Is it...?
Looks more like a Scottish singer (or comic?) - which would explain the kilts.
But I can't remember the guy's name!

Looks like Jimmy Logan to me (Scottish comedian) OR Kenneth McKellar (Scottish singer).

Take Your Pick :D (take the money or open the box?) :P

I favour Jimmy Logan

Jimmy Logan!

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's Jimmy Logan. Good spot, Lazzard. However, I can't find record of him having appeared in the show, which is a thinker...

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd September 2018, 10:07 PM

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's Jimmy Logan. Good spot, Lazzard. However, I can't find record of him having appeared in the show, which is a thinker...

I'm quite sure it's Jimmy Logan and my guess is that it's "Christmas Night with the Stars".

That's all I can find too - but it's very odd there's no hint of Christmasness in the set if so.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd September 2018, 3:18 PM

Looks like Jimmy Logan to me (Scottish comedian) OR Kenneth McKellar (Scottish singer).

I favour Jimmy Logan

Oh yeah, well spotted Lazzard........................... Angry

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's Jimmy Logan. Good spot, Lazzard.

Yet another reason for not bothering with posts on this forum. Unimpressed

The Daily Mirror (in its infinite wisdom) says it's Derek Nimmo.

It isn't.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 2nd September 2018, 10:58 PM

The Daily Mirror (in its infinite wisdom) says it's Derek Nimmo.

It isn't.

God knows it's not in my nature to defend the Mirror, but it's all information provided by the BBC. The Mirror, as we did, will have just copied the provided credit.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd September 2018, 3:18 PM

Take Your Pick :D (take the money or open the box?) :P

I favour Jimmy Logan

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's Jimmy Logan. Good spot, Lazzard. ..

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd September 2018, 10:43 PM

Oh yeah, well spotted Lazzard........................... Angry

Yet another reason for not bothering with posts on this forum. Unimpressed

I REST MY CASE !

I think you read it wrong Herc (although I see where the misunderstanding occurred)
Aaron was thanking lazzard for spotting it wasn't Derek Nimmo.

Very much Hercs for spotting who it was.
I'll take credit for spotting who it wasn't!
:)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd September 2018, 7:46 AM

I think you read it wrong Herc (although I see where the misunderstanding occurred)
Aaron was thanking lazzard for spotting it wasn't Derek Nimmo.

Thank you Stephen, and yes, you are right, now I have re-read it with your eyes - as always you are there with the oil on troubled waters when I get the red mist. :)

Quote: Lazzard @ 3rd September 2018, 9:49 AM

Very much Hercs for spotting who it was.
I'll take credit for spotting who it wasn't!
:)

Thank you Lazzard, it is much appreciated. :)

Still wondered if it may have been Kenneth McKellar as I cannot find a listing of Jimmy Logan appearing in a M&W show, whereas KmcK did; BUT I have that DVD and have just quickly run it through and it is definitely NOT from that show. (Episode 4 Series 2)
Have now also copied the photo into PSP and zoomed in on it and I am 99.9999% sure it IS Jimmy Logan, but the mystery remains as to what show they were on together that this photo is from.

Further evidence m'lud, is that KmcK was about Eric's height, if not slightly shorter and JL was tall and gangly, and in the photo it looks like if he stood up straight he would be taller than Eric.

Quote: Aaron @ 2nd September 2018, 10:19 PM

That's all I can find too - but it's very odd there's no hint of Christmasness in the set if so.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd September 2018, 11:52 AM

I am 99.9999% sure it IS Jimmy Logan, but the mystery remains as to what show they were on together that this photo is from.

The background is indeed lacking in decoration (to say the least) but Eric, Ernie and Jimmy did appear together in "Christmas Night with the Stars" in 1968 and, looking at the physical appearances of the three men, I'd say the image dates from around that time.

The plainness of the background might be explained by the photo being taken NOT from the recording of the show (which would have been recorded in black and white, while the photo is in colour) but at another time either shortly before or afterwards while the three men were still together and at a place other than on the set of the show.

It's not conclusive proof by any means but it's my best guess at the moment.

P.S. Kenneth McKellar appeared on that very same show! ;)

McKellar

Logan

Deffo Logan - the pointy hooter gives it away IMHO