Minder Page 5

Quote: Bill Poster @ 14th June 2018, 4:38 AM

Dave the barman (Glynn Edwards) died the other day.
RIP

I hope Chisholm and Jones showed up at his funeral. Dave's character was fleshed out with substantially more screen-time in some of the post-Waterman shows. A classy, straight-up fellow, Glynn Edwards, and former husband of Yootha Joyce.

Some dubious stuff amid the obituaries, such as this: "The burly Edwards found fame as the solid and level-headed barman Dave across nearly 100 episodes of hit ITV comedy-drama Minder from 1979 to 1994, eternally caught between George Cole's comic con man Arthur Daley and his titular bodyguard, Terry, played by Dennis Waterman. Edwards dispensed alcohol and advice to the scheming duo with all the sangfroid of an exhausted parent stoically indulging naughty offspring."

Quote: Bill Poster @ 14th June 2018, 4:38 AM

Dave the barman (Glynn Edwards) died the other day.
RIP

Probably still waiting for Arthur to pay his bar tab.

RIP.

Cheap jibe chappers, cheap jibe.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th June 2018, 2:56 PM

Cheap jibe chappers, cheap jibe.

:)

I remember that Glyn off the set, would bartend at your 'gaff' for two 'undred knicker' which was certainly a nice little 'earner'.

Arthur to Terry (sorry, can't remember the episode) 'So what's he like Terry'?
Terry replies 'Queens Park Rangers supporter' Arthur (Fulham supporter) just raises his eyebrows and shakes his head. Says it all! Beautiful piece of writing!

Happened to catch one episode on one of the "other" channels, which I quite enjoyed, and was surprised to see a very young Ray Winstone (just about recognisable) and the late, died too young, Gary Holton - he of the blue flash in his hair off Auf Wiedersehen, Pet

Great script writing

I used to live on the road where Arthurs car lot was in Hammersmith
So we'd see them filming in the area quite often

So what was the motor like you bought off Arfur? Dodgy? Or nice motor, my son.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th January 2023, 11:42 PM

Happened to catch one episode on one of the "other" channels, which I quite enjoyed, and was surprised to see a very young Ray Winstone (just about recognisable) and the late, died too young, Gary Holton - he of the blue flash in his hair off Auf Wiedersehen, Pet

Great script writing

Gary Holton. Lead singer with the Heavy Metal Kids (who weren't).

Yes I love Minder. Such good characters and stories and as you say spotting stars of the future.