Status report Page 6,019

Quote: zooo @ 14th August 2018, 6:33 PM

Or raping underage girls and using the 'n' word.

Proof? Or just slander and politically motivated attacks? Remember that Bill Clinton was also accused of rape, but the press and his wife covered for him. Hillary has also been accused of using the n-word by her former assistant.

I Googled "presidents who have used the n-word" and found 6 in the last century: Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon and Barack Obama. Only one of them (Nixon) was a Republican, the rest were all Democrats.

My unverifiable hunch is that every single president has uttered the word at least once in their life.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 14th August 2018, 8:53 PM

I've remained astounded someone as brash and clearly lacking in the understanding of global politics has become the President of the so called free world but no-one can deny he has broken new ground. The meeting with Kim Jong Un left me open mouthed because of how it has always seemed impossible. This could turn out to be one of those times when someone does great in the job even though they lack the traditional skills and prerequisites.

His personality is abhorrent and someone should take away his Twitter privileges, but he's mostly saying the right things about immigration, the press, the economy, and our relationships with other countries. It's about time a president told our allies in NATO to pay their fair share or risk going it alone. China has been at (economic) war with us for 20 years and finally a president is standing up to them. Their grand plan is at risk and I hope we keep throwing tariffs at them until Xi is thrown out of office and they curtail their aggressive military policy in the Pacific.

Quote: DaButt @ 15th August 2018, 10:12 PM

Proof? Or just slander and politically motivated attacks? Remember that Bill Clinton was also accused of rape, but the press and his wife covered for him. Hillary has also been accused of using the n-word by her former assistant.

I Googled "presidents who have used the n-word" and found 6 in the last century: Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon and Barack Obama. Only one of them (Nixon) was a Republican, the rest were all Democrats.

My unverifiable hunch is that every single president has uttered the word at least once in their life.

Lol. If your only defence of the president using the n word in 2018, is "well some other people 100 years ago used it too." That really speaks for itself.

And of course Barack Obama has used it, he was talking about racism for f**k's sake.

Why do you defend him by dragging in others? As a very young child I was taught 2 wrongs don't make a right. He's a deplorable human if you can call him human.

Quote: Briosaid @ 15th August 2018, 8:49 PM

So, it was a balls up.

It was indeed a balls up, and just one of a great many perpetrated by the English prosecution service in recent times.

Quote: zooo @ 15th August 2018, 10:21 PM

If your only defence of the president using the n word in 2018

Where is the proof that such a thing happened?

Quote: DaButt @ 15th August 2018, 10:23 PM

Where is the proof that such a thing happened?

Coming out quite soon, apparently.

Quote: Briosaid @ 15th August 2018, 10:22 PM

Why do you defend him by dragging in others?

To point out the double standards that are rampant in modern politics. It happens every single day and it is aided and abetted by the compliant press.

Bill Clinton is accused of rape and sexual assault by multiple women and the press ignores it and women rush to defend him. Not so for Donald Trump.

George W. Bush is called a warmonger for attacking Iraq and Afghanistan, but Barack Obama continued both wars and started a few more of his own. Obama's drone strikes killed 10x as many people as Bush's, but he received the Nobel Peace Prize.

Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton both favored strong curbs on illegal immigration and supported mass deportations, but nobody said a word. Donald Trump does the same thing and is called a racist.

Double standards as far as the eye can see.

Quote: zooo @ 15th August 2018, 10:31 PM

Coming out quite soon, apparently.

I haven't been following the story closely, but from what I've read these accusations are based on things he allegedly said years ago while he was filming the apprentice.

If you think it's bad that people say offensive things, you ain't seen nothing yet. They have essentially perfected deep fake technology for producing audio and video "evidence" of things that never happened. You can be sure that political operatives, the press (remember Dan Rather's George W. Bush memo?) and foreign intelligence services are cranking out fakes as we speak.

Quote: DaButt @ 15th August 2018, 10:36 PM

To point out the double standards that are rampant in modern politics. It happens every single day and it is aided and abetted by the compliant press.

Bill Clinton is accused of rape and sexual assault by multiple women and the press ignores it and women rush to defend him.

Bollocks! We all knew about that. God knows why you defend this creepy lizard, Trump. I do feel sorry for you if that's your ideal human male. Christ, Da Butt , what kind of standards did your parents imbue you with? If either of my sons thought like you in a British context, I'd slit my wrists for being a bad parent.And Don't give me shit about how well the USA is doing. Is morality never important or us it only money that counts?

Quote: DaButt @ 15th August 2018, 10:36 PM

I haven't been following the story closely, but from what I've read these accusations are based on things he allegedly said years ago while he was filming the apprentice.

So what??
I don't care if someone said it today, last year, or ten years ago. It still makes them a disgusting vile scumbag. How is this not obvious?

Da Butt will take a while to respond. He only replies quickly when It's easy meat. * waits for him to prove me wrong because he's been shamed*

Quote: Rood Eye @ 15th August 2018, 10:23 PM

It was indeed a balls up, and just one of a great many perpetrated by the English prosecution service in recent times.

The cricket board want Stokes to apologies, which sounds about right. I see Danny Cipriani (rugby) has been pulled up on assault. I wonder if the prosecutor will go with; impersonating a Police officer ? :P

An exceedingly brilliant comedian once suggested that if everybody used the n-word as often as possible every day - at home, at work, on radio and on TV - it wouldn't be long before the word lost its power to offend.

I have no doubt that he was right.

Sid Little?

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th August 2018, 7:57 PM

Sid Little?

Clearly, Lofthouse has psychic powers! :O

Quote: Briosaid @ 15th August 2018, 11:59 PM

Da Butt will take a while to respond. He only replies quickly when It's easy meat. * waits for him to prove me wrong because he's been shamed*

Hmmm. 2 days. Par for the course. He'll tell us he was busy having barbecues/beers with the neighbours.