The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 689

Quote: Ben @ 1st August 2018, 10:50 PM

The Qatar World Cup is going to finish a week before Christmas in 2022. As a viewer it's going to be very odd watching the tournament against a backdrop (here) of cold and dark. In a way, I'm kind of looking forward to that aspect of it as it's completely different, but I do wonder if it'll feel like the World Cup we're used to.

But maybe it won't go ahead.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd August 2018, 11:39 PM

But maybe it won't go ahead.

After all that money they paid in bribes? That would be unfair!

Quote: DaButt @ 2nd August 2018, 11:44 PM

After all that money they paid in bribes? That would be unfair!

:)

Google some of the stadiums they will be playing at, they are amazing.
Air conditioned pitches, special lighting to exactly imitate daylight and comfortable seating.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd August 2018, 8:27 AM

Google some of the stadiums they will be playing at, they are amazing.
Air conditioned pitches, special lighting to exactly imitate daylight and comfortable seating.

and f**king up everybody's season.

So pleased to see my lot Sutton United beat those arrogant twats from Salford despite having a player sent off. So far Salford have got 1 point from 3 matches. They've also recruited Rooney (not that one) for a reported 5,000 quid a week from Scottish premier League Aberdeen. Bloody ridiculous.

I understand Gary Neville was at the match. I'd have loved to have seen his reaction.

The truly sad fact being that Aberdeen came second in the SPL and their manager stated that they couldn't match the wage Salford were offering. How f**ked is jock togger?

Has been that way since the 60s though. Most of Scotland's team in their best decade the 70s played for English clubs.

And it looks like that's starting to happen again with most of their stars finding big spending English clubs after a long spell of poor Scotland teams with mostly Scottish club players. I hope it leads to Scotland finally qualifying for a big tourny again like it used to do regularly.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th August 2018, 8:58 PM

So pleased to see my lot Sutton United beat those arrogant twats from Salford despite having a player sent off. So far Salford have got 1 point from 3 matches. They've also recruited Rooney (not that one) for a reported 5,000 quid a week from Scottish premier League Aberdeen. Bloody ridiculous.

I understand Gary Neville was at the match. I'd have loved to have seen his reaction.

They should make him manager. That would soon resolve all their problems. Errr

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th August 2018, 12:46 PM

Has been that way since the 60s though. Most of Scotland's team in their best decade the 70s played for English clubs.

And it looks like that's starting to happen again with most of their stars finding big spending English clubs after a long spell of poor Scotland teams with mostly Scottish club players. I hope it leads to Scotland finally qualifying for a big tourny again like it used to do regularly.

But a Scottish Premier League player going to an English non-league team? That can't be right.

It's a free market where money rules Chapps. No law to stop Jeremy Vine putting ten million quid into the coffers of Sutton Utd for wages or new players.
Neville's money alone is unlikely to get Salford into the Premiership it looks more like an ego trip.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th August 2018, 8:49 PM

It's a free market where money rules Chapps. No law to stop Jeremy Vine putting ten million quid into the coffers of Sutton Utd for wages or new players.
Neville's money alone is unlikely to get Salford into the Premiership it looks more like an ego trip.

Him and his brother were at the match. That's the Vines.

Good to see that the players are seeing sense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45269974

The Spanish FA want to play a game in the USA. The players are saying they'll go on strike.

https://youtu.be/4VK2efdI92I

Laughed my hoops off at this.

Airdrie v Sutton Utd & Boreham Wood v Dunfermline Saturday in the Scottish Challenge Cup...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th September 2018, 7:22 PM

Airdrie v Sutton Utd & Boreham Wood v Dunfermline Saturday in the Scottish Challenge Cup...

Yes I know. I was tempted but it's a bloody long journey. Come on you U's!