The all in one Consolidatorised Cricket Thread Page 22

Cricket Australia has told them to shed a few tears,show remorse and it will all be forgiven by the good hearted Aussie public and in the not too distant future we can all get back to making lots of money(oh,and playing cricket).

3pm. Eight and a half overs. Bored with this now. Went out to Iceland to get chicken and chips to cook. Do you see rugby players going off for a bit of rain? Get out there and play whatever you wussies.

You'll not have offered much willow to the leather I presume.

All over India after the umbrellas had lowered and will bat (hopefully well) this morning and get a decent lead. For the number one test side in the world, in our conditions they look like headless chickens. Don't know why they dropped Dhawan and not Vijay though. Also starting to think young Sam is a bit of a one-trick pony. You pretty much know what you're going to get whereas Anderson, Broad and Woakes hold an X-Factor. Let's hope for better weather today!

Just what I've been looking for, a canine cricket expert. How on earth did the worlds number one lose to Scotland recently ? Even with a B side, how ? If you see someone in Glasgow carrying a cricket bat, hes normally on his way to watch a football game.

Just what I'd been looking for. A retired Viz reader that thinks Scottish football fans carry Duncan Fearnley's to the ground,

Quote: When In Rome @ 11th August 2018, 10:35 AM

Just what I'd been looking for. A retired Viz reader that thinks Scottish football fans carry Duncan Fearnley's to the ground,

Are you presuming (ironically) that I read Viz (a quality publication by the way) and then stopped reading it (I need an exact date). AND you are assuming Glaswegian Firms are brand loyal (they probably are) to one specific battering device ? You're good at this prejudice stuff, do you have any share tips ?

I have family in Scotland, and they see cricket as an English thing and not popular in Scotland. The statistics reflects that fact (maybe its more an Australian thing). Punch is the only quality periodical carrying cartoons that I've stopped reading, and there's a good reason for that. Herc has left the building.

Brilliant by Woakes and one of the more popular centuries judging by the reception at Lords. He's likely nailed a berth in the team for quite a while. With another dodgy forecast for today and with the lead almost 250, one would hope that England declare as soon as they dare and wittle these Indians out a second time.

I have to think of a cricket pun, but I'm stumped.

How's that?

We seem to be having a sporting renaissance with football and now cricket. We're favourites and against all odds we've managed to avoid winning it up until now (in 44 years). But this years its on home soil, which matters. We beat South Africa , ranked #3 but then so did Bangladesh ranked #7. Anyone else keeping score ?

I really do think we'll win it the year.

I've watched every match.
Bangladesh were brilliant.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd June 2019, 9:54 AM

I've watched every match.

Then you are the man to ask, who do you think our main competition will be ? Bangladesh have already surprised, Ben Stokes is looking awesome...

Pakistan have just posted an almost unbeatable score.
But the West Indies are the ones.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd June 2019, 2:31 PM

Pakistan have just posted an almost unbeatable score.

They almost did it, that was a thrilling final few overs. Chris Woakes gave a sprinkle of hope.