Status report Page 6,016

Take your gun.
You can test your bottle then.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th August 2018, 5:15 PM

Take your gun.
You can test your bottle then.

I'm sure there will be guns in our vehicles, but I'd never try to take one across the border. Mexico has very strict gun laws, as is made readily apparent by their lack of gun crime. Err...Huh?

The only bottles we'll be testing will be filled with beer and liquor. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ 9th August 2018, 5:30 PM

The only bottles we'll be testing will be filled with beer and liquor. ;)

Unless its a long drive, then they're filled with urine.

For what its worth DaButt, I think America is way more than just reckless wild west gun abuse. For example, President Bush was more concerned over weapons of mass destruction, not that his wife ever was, funny that.

Out of interest Da Butt, we've had the hottest day (or close too) on record in Europe and people are understandably talking about climate control and Trump ducking out of that. How does that play back home ? Are people behind Trump on that ? I appreciate the Bushes were heavily invested in oil, but did America see it that way ?

Not everyone sees it that way in Britain!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th August 2018, 6:55 PM

One of my sons is a climate scientist. They're in absolutely no doubt about global warming and the part humans are playing in it. But they're not politicians so they deal in facts not propaganda.

Oh well, if it's facts - no arguing there then.

When the Ice Age came to an end, I wonder if the cavemen blamed themselves?

Quote: Rood Eye @ 11th August 2018, 10:24 PM

When the Ice Age came to an end, I wonder if the cavemen blamed themselves?

Should they have?

If I was a caveman at the time I would have been very pleased that the weather was getting balmier.And I would have expected their politicians to take the credit for it.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th August 2018, 6:55 PM

True, but you can say that about of absolutely anything. Environmentalist offer up evidence and scientific argument. Trump and Bush just shout "false news".

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th August 2018, 10:09 PM

Oh well, if it's facts - no arguing there then.

This is how a court of law would rule ? How else would you do it ?

I have no problem with facts that state there is global warming.
That's provable and accepted.
But man's fault? That is not yet provable.
You have only to look back at records and see it's been warmer, wetter and colder.
I'm all for lowering carbon emissions or any toxic emissions and having cleaner air to breath
But for 4 1/2 billion years the planet has looked after itself - I don't think 100 years of man spewing carbon out has much effect

Fair points , I don't know either. But isn't that why we should listen to experts rather than Trump ? Also I would hate to put Briosaid's son out of work. My sister also works with the environment, in Scotland funnily enough.

Of course it's Man's fault. We burn all of this energy and fuel. I think it's the end of the World as we know it - and I feel fine.

The global warming charts on the wiki page show the dramatic increase over the last few hundred years which show it's being caused by the activities of mankind as our population has exploded. It makes you wonder when our civilisation will be wiped out and what causes it. That kind of scenario is hard to think about because it's not going to happen to us or our family but it's going to happen. If anything the Earth will become too hot for anything to survive as it gets closer to the Sun but that's not happening anytime soon. Compared to how long the Universe and Earth have existed for mankind will be a footnote in the history of time.

Quote: Firkin @ 12th August 2018, 7:35 PM

Fair points , I don't know either. But isn't that why we should listen to experts rather than Trump ? Also I would hate to put Briosaid's son out of work. My sister also works with the environment, in Scotland funnily enough.

He won't be out of work but That's another story. As to Trump, who in their right mind would ever listen to the nasty moron?