General, General Thread Page 2,762

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th August 2018, 12:06 AM

Not especially

A lot of them are xenophobic and racist and don't want to be told what to do by foreigners

On the morning of the referendum result , I overheard one person say "thank f**k, now all them jigaboos won't be able to keep coming over here"

I wish I was kidding....

Exactly. For that very same reason I broke all contact with a 'friend' I'd had for years. I just couldn't stomach it any longer.

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th August 2018, 12:06 AM

Not especially

A lot of them are xenophobic and racist and don't want to be told what to do by foreigners

On the morning of the referendum result , I overheard one person say "thank f**k, now all them jigaboos won't be able to keep coming over here"

I wish I was kidding....

Tell me to mind my own business but because you heard one person say something admittedly profoundly offensive, that is evidence that a lot of so called Brexiteers are xenophobic and racist?
I get you are generally expressing a neutral view but rash and basically untrue comments like that are ammunition to the so called Remoaners to justify their position.
What a lot of people are either forgetting or unaware of is that 'a lot' of those involved in the negotiations allegedly on behalf of the UK leaving support the Remain point of view.
You couldn't make it up!

Oh that was one example

Pretty much everyone I work with is racist and has the same opinions

I sometimes think I've travelled back in time to 1973 or something

All this countries problems are caused by blacks and ******s and *****s apparently

And now they won't all be able to flood over here by the million - everything will be great again

Ya know? Basic Hitlerian policy

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th August 2018, 12:31 PM

Oh that was one example

Pretty much everyone I work with is racist and has the same opinions

I sometimes think I've travelled back in time to 1973 or something

All this countries problems are caused by blacks and ******s and *****s apparently

And now they won't all be able to flood over here by the million - everything will be great again

Ya know? Basic Hitlerian policy

Or maybe they're just ignorant idiots.

There's plenty I could say and cite but likely would end up being castigated and vilified for being honest and truthful so will withdraw, with the hope that people accept both others for what they are and decisions when they go against them.
I shan't hold my breath.

Quote: Briosaid @ 4th August 2018, 9:08 PM

Here's a genuine question for all you Brexiteers - how has being part of the EU affected you badly?

It's not so much what the EU Commission has done in the past that matters as much as what it seems likely to do in the future, (or what it would have done without Brexit).

Among other things the free-movement-of-labour rule is an immigration system without any controlling negative feedback. In engineering terms all uncontrolled systems are subject to oscillation and eventual breakdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mniN0L0Gq_0

I don't know exactly what the breakdown of this system will look like but it will be horrible and among other things I hope the UK gets out of the loop as soon as possible.

Only polititions are daft enough to make treaties creating and subsequently insisting on unstable systems. The free--movement-of-labour situation arises because South Italy had a surplus of men out-of-work and Germany needed workers, so instead of making a simple arrangement for those South Italians to move to Germany, the bureaucrats of the early EU Commission went ahead and invented free-movement-of-labour and have subsequently enshrined it, as if it is a religion.

The EU bureaucrats do this excessive control consistently, one of the recent instances is the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). this is intended to control the excessive misuse of private information of big organizations like Facebook, but in all their many many pages of the Regulation they didn't bother too exclude the small clubs and their websites, which are all technically liable to the same MASSIVE fines as could be imposed on Facebook. The effort in making software comply with GDPR is almost as difficult for small firms/organizations as it is for megabuck organizations, but the EU commission doesn't care. So far the owners of this comedy site have not complied and, I presume,are trusting to luck that the it won't be noticed, but it means the the EU Commission has the power to shut down this site at any time they feel like, just by imposing a big fine for non-compliance with the GDPR.

So as I've said before I'm not actually against common European activities, I'm just against this particular EU government, which is inflexible, corrupt, and appears to have no facility to unseat it.

So that is why I voted for and support Brexit.
GeekCoolIll

Bill, what you're saying is 'what if'. I want to know how people who voted Brexit think their lives were actually damaged by being in the EU. NEVER forget that it's brought peace to Europe. Since I'm presently writing a commissioned play about WW1, I'm very aware of the horrors of war in Europe.

Quote: Briosaid @ 5th August 2018, 8:30 PM

I want to know how people who voted Brexit think their lives were actually damaged by being in the EU.

That question is based on the premise that people who voted Brexit did think their lives had been damaged by being in the EU.

The fact, however, is that Brexit was a rational choice for anyone who believed that life in the future for himself, for those he cared about and/or for the nation as a whole was likely to be better with Britain outside the EU than in.

It's too naive to think that the EU Commission had anything much to do with stopping wars, anyway all that seems to have happened is that the wars have moved to the Middle east.

War in Europe was stopped by the cold war and its Mutually Assured Destruction (and NATO), the European countries were so scared of starting a war that might make the cold war hot, that little wars were nipped in the bud.

To answer your question I do not think I was in anyway damaged by the EU Commission activities between 1972 and 2016.

Now you try explaining in similar detail why YOU wanted the UK to remain in the EU.

Quote: Briosaid @ 4th August 2018, 9:08 PM

Here's a genuine question for all you Brexiteers - how has being part of the EU affected you badly?

What good has it done me except in the Taxes I've paid that go to this unelected bureaucracy?

To put it simply,y, apart from the banking crisis, life was fine. Why bugger something up unless you KNOW you can make it better. Plus, I know you didn't vote for racist reasons, Bill, but a hell of a lot of morons did. I actually know only 3 people who voted Brexit and one if them was certainly racist. Everybod else I know is in despair about what the future holds.
And do you know what really pisses me off? Now the shit is hitting the fan, it's everybody else's fault. It's the Eu. It's the Remainers. No - the buck stops where it started, David Cameron and the Tory party, plus all the nutters who backed them.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th August 2018, 10:11 PM

What good has it done me except in the Taxes I've paid that go to this unelected bureaucracy?

What about the taxes you pay to the British bureaucracy? This happens whatever model of government you have.

The shit is hitting the fan because of the interference and lack of consideration of who won the referendum by remainers in the Houses, Commons and Lords.

Cameron was a remainer and obviously thought he would let the people vote, remain would win and that would be that. He got that wrong too!
But just in case he got it wrong he exited stage left (sic) so he wouldn't have to deal with the fall out.

Europe/Germany have slowly taken over the running of the UK by insisting on rules and regulations totally out of sync with our mentality and reasoning, aided and abetted by the apathetic and self-centered Tory and Labour politicians.

So Brexit is upon us and it would be ever so marvellous if the people with the responsibility of honouring the result actually did so with the appropriate deliberation given to obtain what's best for the UK, NOT the EU.

Incidentally, for what it's worth, I believe we have the knowledge, ability and basic infrastructure to support a 'No deal' outcome.
But then again, I am a "nutter".
Apparently.

Indeed. It's obviously everybody else's fault. Wouldn't it be nice if people had the guts to take responsibility for their choices?

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th August 2018, 12:01 AM

Indeed. It's obviously everybody else's fault. Wouldn't it be nice if people had the guts to take responsibility for their choices?

Fat chance of the remainers acknowledging responsibility for the chaos they have caused, as your own message proves.

Answer one simple question!

Did the remainers or did they not, interfere with the implementation of the result of a referendum, which advised by a 4.8% clear margin that the UK should leave the EU?

Nutters, morons and racists - everyone of them? You forgot homophobes and Nazi's