ChuckleVision Page 4

Quote: Ben @ 15th June 2015, 5:48 PM BST

Does anyone know why no more DVDs have been released? Was it poor sales of the first two?

Very likely. They're a bit overpriced compared to other kids' TV releases.

I appreciate this is an old thread, but I'm not resurrecting without reason; Series 3 is released 17th April courtesy of Simply Media: https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01MQJCOPP/comedyguide-21/

I'm absolutely thrilled! Series 3 is the start of 'proper' ChuckleVision, written as a sitcom. I've only seen a few of these early episodes so this will be a treat.

Incidentally feel free to add the BCG link to the item, couldn't see it in the shop section on the ChuckleVision page.

Possibly the greatest show ever made.

One of the reason why ChuckleVision was so successful was because of variety of scenarios. Every episode was set in a different location/set which kept it fresh. It wouldn't have lasted if they kept the studio format.

I've seen some of Series 3 on YouTube and most of the series is dialogue light and with less of a plot. It wasn't until Series 4 they properly instilled the format which became popular.

It'd be great to all the remaining series on DVD. They should just a release a full Series 1-21 box-set, it'll be far more popular.

I thought they were very good on Walliams and Friend.

Quote: 3SOCKSMORGAN @ 14th January 2017, 11:15 AM

It'd be great to all the remaining series on DVD. They should just a release a full Series 1-21 box-set, it'll be far more popular.

I agree, if they did release a full complete collection, I would probably buy it even though I haven't watched the series since it ended in 2009 when I was still a young lad.

I would definitely like to revisit the series again, what ever happened to the planned Series 22? Did it get cancelled in the end or were the Chuckles too busy to film it?

Quote: G180e @ 14th January 2017, 3:07 PM

I agree, if they did release a full complete collection, I would probably buy it even though I haven't watched the series since it ended in 2009 when I was still a young lad.

I would definitely like to revisit the series again, what ever happened to the planned Series 22? Did it get cancelled in the end or were the Chuckles too busy to film it?

I believe it was due to a combination of factors; the BBC didn't give it the time, budget or attention it deserved towards the end of its run, and it coincided with the big BBC move to Salford, it was just one of the shows lost in the melee. I really hope these releases make money, show the BBC what they missed out on by not releasing them earlier!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/aug/05/barry-chuckle-comedy-duo-the-chuckle-brothers-dies

This has really knocked me for six. I grew up watching them, in fact my first experience in a theatre would have been going to see them in 1999, and have done many times since, including only a few months ago doing pantomime in Southampton. Met them lots of times and I'll never forget how much it meant that both Paul and Barry took the time to have a real chat when you met them. A class act all round.

Hello there, everyone.
i am looking for three ChuckleVision episodes on DVD.
Kind regards
Saif

Very little is available. Only the first three series have been released.

Oh dear oh dear.