Who is your favourite News Quiz panellist? Page 2

most people have

But not me. But if I say gays, then people complain that I'm attacking homosapiens. I thought the term was much a less offensive more jovial sounding option. But you can't really win in trying to please the cultural fascist PC mob, so I'll go back to calling them qu**rs if it suits. ?

You are having me on. I didn't know I was so PC. My wife calls me a dinosaur. Still I'll take it as a compliment, I never knew I was that right on.

'Gays' is fine Alfred. It's if you put the words 'flaming bastard' before it that people get slightly peeved.

Oh okidoke.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ September 14 2012, 3:42 PM BST

Oh okidyke.

You can't say that, either.

The PC Police here, now stop it!!!! :P

I didn't know that Barry Took both took over from Simon Hoggart and gave the show back to him.

Quote: Pingl @ 9th September 2012, 1:09 PM

Apart from Alan Coren I must say my personal favourite is Francis Wheen. Not a comedian I know, but witty, erodite and polished. I like Andy Hamilton and Jeremy Hard; but of the new crop I only really like Miles Jupp and Henning Wehn, who don't appear nearly enough. Not keen on Susan Calman etc I must say I like comedians with a political bias, or journalists on the show. Sometimes there's to much jockying to get the ready prepared joke in. I Can't stand Fred McAulay don't really know why. However I do love Sandi Toksvig and think she does a great job chairing.

Simon Evans

If Jeremy Hardy isn't on - I generally switch it off

mark Steel is good too

What does everyone thinks of the alteration of hosts?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 18th December 2019, 11:14 AM

If you mean do I believe that a little biscuit really turns into the body of Jesus in a Catholic's mouth, I have to say I do not.

I do, however, quite enjoy having a different person in the chair of topical news quizzes.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 18th December 2019, 11:14 AM

It shows a lack of decision making at the BBC. You can't tell me that there wasn't one stand out candidate.

Or a commissioning editor in a stunning lack of originality thought it worked on HIGNFY and decided to replicate it.