Sean Lock Page 2

Watched his Purple Van Man show on Channel 4 last night, some of it was hilarious and other parts not so much. I think I'll stick to watching him on 8 Out Of 10 Cats or 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown.

Quote: G180e @ 7th July 2014, 4:02 PM BST

Watched his Purple Van Man show on Channel 4 last night, some of it was hilarious and other parts not so much. I think I'll stick to watching him on 8 Out Of 10 Cats or 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown.

I agree, he's much better on Cats. Then again, there's only 2 or 3 stand-ups that I find really funny (when they're on stage doing their thing).

Love Sean Lock, his gag about fending off attackers had me in tears, as did the Starbucks gag in Lockipedia. I found Purple Van Man a bit disappointing though.

Quote: G180e @ 7th July 2014, 4:02 PM BST

This! He's much better improvising on 8 Out Of 10 Cats than keeping the audience's attention for one hour on the stage.

I love Sean Lock on QI and 15 Storeys High but was very disappointed at his material during the Lockipedia live stand-up show. It's a pity really because he's really funny and very dishy. Mmm.

I was surprised to see him on Play to the Whistle, guess his self-imposed exile from all other panel shows sans Cats is over.

He was great on Friday night's 'Celebrity 15 to 1' and (spoiler alert) came second to The One Who Makes Cheese and Used To Be In Blur.

Just watching the latest 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown.

He sounds so different. Does anyone know the latest news?

I noticed that last week. I wondered if he'd had some kind of throat surgery, but not seen anything anywhere.

I thought his voice changed mid episode (two episodes ago). But I could be wrong.

What I'm saying is, maybe he just reached puberty.

I know he was missing through illness once before but he seemed fine when he came back.

His reference to 2020 being such a terrible year that "the only ones enjoying 2020 are racists & the makers of Fever Tree" was absolute gold!!

He is undoubtedly one of the elite!

I hadn't really followed the news of his illness but his passing is very sad news. One of the very few well known stand ups I would have gone to see, along with Frank Skinner and Jonny Vegas. Funny man and a fellow ex Woking sufferer. (No, next to Aldershot it's a paradise.) Illness is illness, it randomly picks people out and there's not much you can do about it. RIP Sean Lock, funny man.

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 24th July 2014, 7:53 PM

I love Sean Lock on QI and 15 Storeys High but was very disappointed at his material during the Lockipedia live stand-up show. It's a pity really because he's really funny and very dishy. Mmm.

RIP Sean Lock, you were a great writer and comedian. It was one of the guys on here who told me about 15 Storeys High, I bought the s1&2 DVD
boxset. It was surreally brilliant and I'll take some time out from jobhunting* to watch some.

* My phone tried to change 'jobhunting' to 'nobhunting' - it's what the late, great Mr Lock would have wanted.

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 18th August 2021, 2:47 PM

* My phone tried to change 'jobhunting' to 'nobhunting' .

We only have your word for that.