March 19 - BBC Writersroom window... open! Page 4

Just got to wait until they've finished reading. Could be now: could be next month. When near the end-ish I suspect they may take their work home with them. Some writers last year got rejection emails at twelve-o'clock at night.

Quote: Liam Robson @ 21st June 2018, 10:55 AM

How long did it take first responses to come through last time around? Does anyone know. The website says you should find out either way so I've only put down a deposit on the Porsche for now.

Where does it say, you will find out either way?

I can't remember exactly where it was that I read it. I've just had a quick look and can't find it but I'm sure it was in the FAQs section. I think it's probably just a yes or no response until/if you reach the 30page read then they produce a report which I'm assuming would be shared with the writer as feedback.

Quote: Tiggy wiggy @ 22nd June 2018, 8:36 AM

Just got to wait until they've finished reading. Could be now: could be next month. When near the end-ish I suspect they may take their work home with them. Some writers last year got rejection emails at twelve-o'clock at night.

So do people all find out at different times or do people find out at set points? So after all 10page reads they will decline some and some will still say in progress and so on until they have their final shortlist?

Has anyone received a response yet? Are they still reading scripts?

Quote: ell @ 18th July 2018, 2:07 PM

Has anyone received a response yet? Are they still reading scripts?

I've just got my rejection through. I made it passed the first round, and got a full read, but didnt get any further. They said i was in the top 14%, so i guess they second read about 400 entries.

Quote: Wheelbarrow @ 27th July 2018, 3:11 AM

I've just got my rejection through. I made it passed the first round, and got a full read, but didnt get any further. They said i was in the top 14%, so i guess they second read about 400 entries.

Well done for that!

We also got our rejection at the first stage yesterday.
They obviously weren't too keen on a sitcom made up of rhyming couplets.
Has no one any adventure in them!
Oh well, back to the writing board.

Didn't get past the first round. Wasn't told anything about top 14% though so well done. Jeez.

Whether a script is in the top 14% or in the top (any other number)% isn't vitally important.

Much more important is whether or not those guys thought you might - just might - have what it takes to be a regular writer for BBC comedy.

But surely being in the top 14% means they did briefly think the person had that ability? More so than if you were just chucked out after the initial read.

My rejection came through too. I'd completely forgotten about it.