Stath Lets Flats Page 2

The latest episode was, frankly, embarrassing - Stath's an absolute tool and IMO a retard!

Quote: gb901 @ 20th July 2018, 11:54 PM

The latest episode was, frankly, embarrassing - Stath's an absolute tool and IMO a retard!

The most recent episode saw a bold departure from the established situation, the world of property-letting, as Stath and his colleagues played in a football tournament against their property-letting rivals.

I've no idea why the writers departed from the world of property-letting for this episode. Maybe somebody else knows?

Episode six brought the first series to a close and, after watching six episodes, I feel exactly the same as I felt after watching the first six minutes: this sitcom is a winner.

Will there be a second series? Only if Channel 4 knows anything about TV broadcasting.

The guys here seem to have a positive view on it https://www.bustle.com/p/will-stath-lets-flats-return-for-series-2the-internet-wants-more-of-jamie-demetrious-comedy-creation-9958237

I think the best way to sum it up for me was when he said parkner last week. Could've just left it at that - we all know what he meant - but no, he actually had to specify it was partner, which killed it. Then the gag was repeated again twice, resulting in overkill.
There were momentarily flashes of comedy within its six episodes, but overall it was a bit of a stinker. I stand by my 4 out of 10.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 2nd August 2018, 10:04 PM

Episode six brought the first series to a close and, after watching six episodes, I feel exactly the same as I felt after watching the first six minutes: this sitcom is a winner.

Will there be a second series? Only if Channel 4 knows anything about TV broadcasting.

Surely you jest as it was utter garbage!

Quote: Alfie J @ 3rd August 2018, 10:51 PM

The guys here seem to have a positive view on it https://www.bustle.com/p/will-stath-lets-flats-return-for-series-2the-internet-wants-more-of-jamie-demetrious-comedy-creation-9958237

I think the best way to sum it up for me was when he said parkner last week. Could've just left it at that - we all know what he meant - but no, he actually had to specify it was partner, which killed it. Then the gag was repeated again twice, resulting in overkill.
There were momentarily flashes of comedy within its six episodes, but overall it was a bit of a stinker. I stand by my 4 out of 10.

Stinkers - like this - deserve a mark of 2 at best!

Unbelievably a second series of this crap is on the cards!

Quote: gb901 @ 22nd May 2019, 11:30 PM

Unbelievably a second series of this crap is on the cards!

Let joy be unconfined! Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 22nd May 2019, 11:34 PM

Let joy be unconfined! Laughing out loud

Rood Eye, generally I have the greatest respect for your comedic 'Eye'.

However, after just watching the latest episode your fondness for this has astonished me.

In my opinion it was dire, totally lacking in humour and intelligence. I fail to understand how it even got made to this low standard and it beggars belief that this was passed for broadcast.

It makes Ghosts seem like a classic!

It's obviously me!

The guardian apparently thinks SLF is "guffaw-inducing" - it might occasionally be mildly amusing but no more!

I still like it: it's continuously amusing and the cast are excellent.

It's difficult to compare it with other sitcoms because it's unlike any other sitcom I've ever seen.

It is what it is - as somebody once said.

And the is is a pile of crap. imo.

Many middling sitcoms (domcoms mostly) in the 70s and 80s used to be bland or very mildly funny at best or cliched and predictable, I don't remember many being truly unwatchable though. But in the last 20 years I've seen or glimpsed at a lot of sitcoms which I've found to be too irritating to watch more than five mins of.

As far as I can surmise so far I think it must be linked to our modern societal standards, ie. brashness, severe lack of subtlety, trying to be cool instead of funny and this horrible comedy of cringe or awkwardness rubbish that crawled in after the success of The Office. Someone should do a proper analytical survey of it to find out why sitcoms have turned into ...thank you Madam, that will do.

I keep seeing adverts for this and checked it out last night. Lasted about 10 minutes. Bottom of the barrel humour and I wonder how rubbish like this gets commissioned.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 20th August 2019, 9:18 AM

I wonder how rubbish like this gets commissioned.

Sad truth is, character comedy is an easier sell up the line.
It comes ready made - writer, actor, filmmaker all on one convenient 2min clip that can be e-mailed round the appropriate decision makers.
Judging a script takes more imagination, can be interpreted/misinterpreted a hundred different ways which means, along the way, it's a lot easier to find reasons to reject it.

Quote: Lazzard @ 20th August 2019, 10:04 AM

Sad truth is, character comedy is an easier sell up the line.
It comes ready made - writer, actor, filmmaker all on one convenient 2min clip that can be e-mailed round the appropriate decision makers.
Judging a script takes more imagination, can be interpreted/misinterpreted a hundred different ways which means, along the way, it's a lot easier to find reasons to reject it.

Very perceptive comment, Lazzard.

This drivel is now rather painful to watch!