Chuckle Time

Putting this here because as I understand it is to be a sketch/variety type show. I may get derision for this but the Chuckle Brothers are back on the telly and it might be the best news I've heard all year.

Saturday 16th June 17:05 on Channel 5

Oh dear.......

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th June 2018, 5:08 PM

Oh dear.......

Oh dear oh dear...

Anyway, turns out it;s more akin to You've Been Framed, with the Brothers reacting to online clips mixed with them performing sketches.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/chuckle-brothers-first-tv-series-for-10-years-to-air-next-weekend-1-9197782

Here is the original story about the show, if anyone missed it.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/3064/chuckle_brothers_return_channel_5/

I for one am very much looking forward to seeing it next weekend. It's on at 5:20pm though, not 5:05.

Rolling eyes Now I'll have to reprogramme my VCR.

What did you think? Yes the jokes were a bit laboured and their delivery felt a bit forced but you know what? I didn't care one jot. It's a joy to have them on telly again and actually a lot of the clips I found really funny.

It was a little heavier on the clips and lighter on the linking bits and sketches than I had expected from the description, but lots of fun none the less.

Anything that gets them on telly is a good thing. Love them.

Just remembered I forgot to mention this in my review of Gracie Field's film "This Week of Gracie" from 1933 - at the start of the film, her father and dim-witted brother have a small car workshop and a customer turns up in a very old jalopy saying it doesn't make the right noises, and then it packs up in the entrance, so they have to push it in with the father saying "To you, to me, now to you, to me"

I wonder if that's where the brothers got the catchphrase from, thinking no one is ever going to see where "our" catchphrase comes from...................or is it pure coincidence?

Nice and funny guys, seemed a bit boring from the beginning, but later I found myself smiling and enjoying it