What YouTube video are you watching? Page 197

Nice one. Thanks for the link DaButt.

Love it! That idiot was lucky the police officer was using a tazer and not his gun because he could have quickly ended up with a severe case of deadness. He must have been high or just used to being zapped to be able to shake it off like that. Scary. I find myself at work watching stuff like this when it's quiet. Just search for keywords like epic fails and karma and I can be entertained for hours. Construction site fails is another good one and as long as no-one is injured they are all light relief viewing.

I've recently discovered the "Near Death Caught On GoPro" vids. Check out the boat one 0:40 seconds in :O

I would like to buy the cowboy in this one a beer.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th June 2018, 8:11 PM

Check out the boat one 0:40 seconds in :O

Tomorrow I'll be out on a busy lake on my friends' ski boat. I always keep my head on a swivel for idiots like that. Drunk people on jet-skis are the worst.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th June 2018, 10:06 PM

Tomorrow I'll be out on a busy lake on my friends' ski boat. I always keep my head on a swivel for idiots like that. Drunk people on jet-skis are the worst.

Are there rules there on using jet skis or do alcohol laws apply? I've never been on a jet ski but used a waverunner before which are similar but you can sit on them. Anyone who uses that kind of machine at sea around other people after drinking needs to be arrested. It makes me think of Kirsty McColl because there has always been mystery about exactly what happed and it's amazing those three people survived. I looked in to it and the operator of the boat who has since passed away was arrogant about the incident during a court hearing and claimed he had nothing to apologise for even though his position meant he could never have seen the much smaller fishing boat.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th June 2018, 10:54 PM

Are there rules there on using jet skis or do alcohol laws apply? I've never been on a jet ski but used a waverunner before which are similar but you can sit on them. Anyone who uses that kind of machine at sea around other people after drinking needs to be arrested.

Waverunners are actually what I was talking about. It's illegal to operate any kind of watercraft while under the influence of alcohol. There's a police presence on big lakes and they'll pull over boats and check to make sure the operator isn't drinking. The rest of the people on the boat are usually hammered. :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fz5NHnTj5xg

Lita Ford.....

...SON OF A BITCH!

Crazy body cam footage of a recent police chase in Las Vegas. Cops chased two men who had just murdered someone through the streets at high speed. The suspects drove like maniacs and fired 34 shots at the pursuing vehicles, so the cop eventually started shooting through his windshield as he chased them. One suspect was killed and the other was wounded and apprehended. Craziest police chase footage I've ever seen.

News report: https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/homicides/video-shows-violent-police-pursuit-near-downtown-las-vegas/

You think it's ok to put death videos on this forum.
Here's a tip; police chasing bad guys in the UK usually end with them getting away or a crash.
Nobody shoots at each other or kills each other.
You have probably been desensitized to such things given that everyone has guns.
We find watching such things appalling.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th July 2018, 7:12 PM

You think it's ok to put death videos on this forum.

If you intended there to be a question mark at the end of that sentence, then my answer is yes, since there is no blood or gore shown. It's cleaner than GTA or any other video game.

Nobody shoots at each other or kills each other.

Yes they do. Not as frequently, but they certainly do.

We find watching such things appalling.

In my experience, British television shows are much bloodier than American shows. Your society lacks access to firearms (for the most part) but they pick up the slack with knives and pint glasses. Our societies are very similar in their consumption of violence on the screen, but it real or imaginary.

That is f**king insane and that officer deserves a medal for how he pursued them in the context of them having just killed someone and firing shots from their car. I bet there are not many videos of officers shooting through their own windscreen because they know that is the best chance to hit the driver and much less risk of injuring a civilian. If he took one to the back of the head at least it was quick and he saw the oportunity and took it. He did his job and deserves to be commended and not the kind of thing you see in the UK but then policing in the UK is very different to the US so it's hard to compare.

We see things very differently.
You think bullets flying everywhere back and forth is medal deserving?
So auntie Joyce catches one walking down the street. Dead and red blood running from the pavement into the gutter.
Cop is judge and jury.
Trigger happy YANKS contributing to the 32000 deaths per year - and he thinks we should see the death of a man.....

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 17th July 2018, 8:24 PM

That is f**king insane and that officer deserves a medal for how he pursued them in the context of them having just killed someone and firing shots from their car. I bet there are not many videos of officers shooting through their own windscreen because they know that is the best chance to hit the driver and much less risk of injuring a civilian.

It's the first time I've ever seen a cop shoot through his windshield while moving at speed.

My son-in-law's first day at the police academy was yesterday. I'll be nervous about him encountering scum like this while he's on the streets.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th July 2018, 8:49 PM

So auntie Joyce catches one walking down the street.

The murderers were the first ones to start shooting. They are untrained gangsters and uncaring about nearby civilians as they attempt to murder the pursuing cops, too. The cop is highly trained and it's his duty to protect himself, his fellow officers, and the innocent public. The murderers' shooting rampage was stopped and the only people injured were the bad guys. That's a happy ending.

Cop is judge and jury.

The cop performed his duty to protect the public. If an armed officer were standing nearby as your family was being gunned down - or perhaps hacked to death by a gangster with a butcher knife, to keep things realistic - I'm sure you would be begging him to shoot the bad guy. All human life is precious, but an innocent person's life is always worth more than a violent criminal's.

Trigger happy YANKS contributing to the 32000 deaths per year - and he thinks we should see the death of a man.....

Including the 20,000 gun suicides per year in your statistic is ridiculous, and, as I said earlier, there is no death of a man to be seen in the video.

We see things very differently.
So auntie Joyce catches one walking down the street. Dead and red blood running from the pavement into the gutter.
Cop is judge and jury.

Yes we all do see things differently. I'm surprised at your objections Stephen which appear a little Mary Whitehouse if I'm honest :) This is a youtube video thread so the title alone makes it pretty much anything goes. Also, there is nothing graphic in the video that I can see. No blood, no bodies. I know nothing about US laws but I would say the officer was 'permitted under the rules of engagement' to use lethal force if he gets the chance. Note I say 'permitted under the rules of engagement' because the occupants of the car have already murdered someone. They are being pursued as suspects of murder and are firing wildly. Should the officer have backed down and let them escape to commit more murders? Or try to stop the car and expect them to not fire while trying to arrest them? The officer also shows restraint because on two occassions he puts his pistol in his left hand and is preparing to lean out the window but he realises that would be too inaccurate and risk to the public to be a legitimate course of action. Through the windscreen was dangerous for him but he knew at that instant it was probably his last chance at stopping them and almost zero risk to any civilians nearby. The video also came with clear details about the content so how can you watch it and then complain about the content?

You're use of the word YANK is also rather pejorative don't you think?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 17th July 2018, 9:27 PM

I know nothing about US laws but I would say the officer was 'permitted under the rules of engagement' to use lethal force if he gets the chance.

Here's the press briefing where the video was released. The Assistant Sheriff describes the incident and the department's policies for pursuits, shooting from vehicles, etc. in great detail.