The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 688

Not penalties again please

Nooo!!

Doesn't look like it atm.

I guess I'm a Croatia fan for the next 4 days.

:(

Bugger.....

So can we now all support France? *wait a for xenophobic reaction*

I went with my friend and her Dalmatian dog. I think that was the problem.

France would've beaten us 4-0

Against a strong side our defence was careless and sloppy in possession

Mbappe and co would have destroyed us

Let's see how our first team does against Belgium.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th July 2018, 10:55 PM

Let's see how our first team does against Belgium.

You think either side will play their first team? Both sides have several players carrying knocks. And they'll probably want to give the remaining fringe players a game.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th July 2018, 4:05 PM

Well I'm going to France for a week or so next Tuesday. Not sure it will be much fun if we get to the final either way.

Well I've got no worries here now then.

It was supposed to come home.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 11th July 2018, 10:59 PM

You think either side will play their first team? Both sides have several players carrying knocks. And they'll probably want to give the remaining fringe players a game.

I think we'll put out a fairly strong side from the point of view of pride and Kane will want to increase his goal tally.

Great match last night and England should have been 3-0 up at half time. I was gutted for a few minutes I have to admit but life goes on. At least everyone is left with an uplifting memory of the occasion. Hopefully I'll be around to see their next campain in 2022 and I'm sure the odds of them winning will be a lot lower than they were at the start of this one. They played as a unit and could sense what was going to happen, rather than becoming detatched from the action until they were passed the ball which was an England team I had got used to. They made some lovely timed moves to create a shot at the goal and that showed to me how hard they have been practicing.

RIP
Paul Madeley

Not a big of fan of Leeds but he was a classy player and only ever at one club.

The Qatar World Cup is going to finish a week before Christmas in 2022. As a viewer it's going to be very odd watching the tournament against a backdrop (here) of cold and dark. In a way, I'm kind of looking forward to that aspect of it as it's completely different, but I do wonder if it'll feel like the World Cup we're used to.