L of a Division

Under repair back soon

Before I even read this, Teddy, let me assure you that you're a good writer, have faith in yourself! That Mystery at Chequers story that you dashed off was enough to convince me. Everyone has loads of rejections before they achieve anything, it's par for the course.

Mason Dixon - I like it!

Thanks Beaky , I could do with that , so far only a person at the beeb has seen my stuff as none of the other channels have access for lone writers/ unsolicited scripts etc. From my searches they only deal with production companies and in turn production companies don't accept unsolicited scripts so its a vicious circle,
When Ralph Little was doing a live blog on the Guardian I approached him he sounded very enthusiastic sadly it must have been for the crowd, because when I did get in touch he didn't even bother to reply let alone ask to read a script. I suppose its my own fault for putting it on his toe in public .
So my problem is finding these people who are looking for scripts in the first place. I have given up on the Beeb or to be honest they have given up on me .

Funny but frenetic, and you've ended before the case is solved - is it meant to be a two parter? There's essentially only an A plot - you need a B plot, and ideally a C plot, too. An old cliché runs that they're not really situation comedies, but character comedies. You've let the elaborate plot take control at the expense of telling us about the characters. My advice is to rein in the plot, give the characters room to expand, establish their relationships. You need some respite from the frantic story-telling. How many pages is it? It should be about 32 to 35 A4 pages for a half hour BBC sitcom, it reads a bit short to me.

Thanks Beaky I can see that. I think I did it because I'm more subconsciously trying to show my range than I am expecting them to like the actual one in front of them. You see I don't expect to be taken on with a sitcom as I'm unknown and untried but I could would make a good staff writer and then get a sitcom through that.
Currently I write funny replies to comments on FB in ten hour shifts and I say some funny stuff on a range of things and I write these on my time off.
I will do what you said on these so thanks for all the 'Homework' sir as I feel my writing will benefit from it. Obviously there has been a lot of effort on your part so thanks for this.

Having given it a great deal of thought and having reflected on your commercial savvy advice I an now thinking of strengthening Buck Hall and Eking for now as they meet the criteria in cast and legs and one site . Once they are tight I will find someone to send them to so thanks for the advice Beaky old bean

Good luck! What an extraordinary job, writing funny comments in FB. Sounds Hell to me, but I'm an old git.