Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing

I cannot emphasise enough how much of a joy this is to watch. Two people arseing about by a lake is about all it amounts to, but their repartee is just gold!

I saw this advertised and never realised they are good mates (or at least that's what the review said) but I missed it. Will have to check it out though because I can see it being very enjoyable. If it's just filming them being themselves and larking around I could watch that for hours. I've not been fishing for years but did it a bit on holiday when I was 14.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 24th June 2018, 7:23 PM

I saw this advertised and never realised they are good mates (or at least that's what the review said) but I missed it. Will have to check it out though because I can see it being very enjoyable. If it's just filming them being themselves and larking around I could watch that for hours. I've not been fishing for years but did it a bit on holiday when I was 14.

It really is just half an hour of them mucking about; making each other laugh, and it's simply a joy.

Sounds well worth a watch. Will take a look tonight.

In contrast, I found it forced with cracked laughter.
I loved the scenery and the places they have stayed but the two didn't gel to me.

A lovely first two episodes to the series. Such a good feel.

Still not watched this yet!

Whitehouse and Mortimer were on TalkSport earlier today chatting about the series and they were on great form. Maybe I'll sneak a quick viewing in tonight...

You'll love it, Ben!

Just saw the last 20 minutes of an epiosode and what a joy. The fishing takes a back seat to their discussions and the way it's edited with the wildlife and aerial shots make it very nice to watch. Perfect how it ended with them having dinner and a tipple and I noticed Bob saying after he fell "it was a proper oh I've fallen" :D Vic....Vic.....

They are both like a fine wine to me and it's nice how the production team behind this seem to be spot on with the theme.

Caught the first episode last and thoroughly enjoyed the amiable patter between Mortimer and Whitehouse. It felt a bit like The Trip, but was different enough to stand on its own. And the British countryside looked as fantastic as it does in Detectorists.

Here, Bob and Paul discuss "Gone Fishing" with Lorraine Kelly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jvATcQSTuY

Fun little interview! Thanks, Rood Eye.

Love this show.

Having watched all six episodes of this series, I could happily watch another 60, or even 600, and still want more. Both Mortimer and Whitehouse are fellows of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy, with flashes of merriment wont to set the table on a roar but, more than that, they have been revealed by this series as thoroughly likeable (even lovable) individuals.

I suspect that, as a result of this series, their stock (both personal and professional) has risen enormously.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 26th July 2018, 1:58 PM

Having watched all six episodes of this series, I could happily watch another 60, or even 600, and still want more. Both Mortimer and Whitehouse are fellows of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy, with flashes of merriment wont to set the table on a roar but, more than that, they have been revealed by this series as thoroughly likeable (even lovable) individuals.

I suspect that, as a result of this series, their stock (both personal and professional) has risen enormously.

I couldn't agree more, I've enjoyed every minute and looked forward to it each week, it's utterly delightful. Any word on whether it's got a second series?