Status report Page 6,013

Well Teddy, I hope you went to bed and didn't wait around too long for another reply! I appreciate your words and support.

You're right in regards to never giving up on dreams, this is why I always keep a bottle of mayonnaise and a copy of coordinates to Suzie Dent's house close by my side.

No problem Lee, although I hate to make matter worse but I posted that from Suzies bed while she went downstairs to see if there was any more cans of squirty cream she could use on me

Teary I'll see if Rachel Riley is free.

Nope, she's with me....
No good though, she just lies there.

Stephen I can't blame her, mismatched vest and underpants and a Huddersfield Town woolly hat is not the best look in bed

Quote: Lee @ 1st July 2018, 12:43 AM

I have just been reading some old threads here on BCG and I have come to the conclusion that I really was a lazy shit when it came to writing.

I cringe at some of my attempts to justify my unambitious-ness to actually put effort in and succeed.

I was scared of achievement.

I had bad habits too, such as posting half written garbage in exchange for quick appraisal.

I don't write anymore but writing is something that is always on my mind. ALWAYS.

I want to make sure I don't make the same mistakes again because I don't like that person I used to be, that lazy person. I'm really quite disgusted at myself.

I'd be tempted to Griff it all out of history but there's no point in denying my past, it was what it was. Lessons have been learned, wounds have healed and some good times were had.

To finish, I really miss R.C and Dave around here.

"And you lived your life, like a candle in the wind..."

Join the club!

Happy Independence Day from your treasonous stepchildren!

It's hot as hell here, so we're having a pool party at a neighbor's house. One person is smoking a brisket, one is smoking ribs, one is smoking a pork loin, one is smoking pork butts, and another is roasting 4 chickens on a spit. There will be plenty of beer and margaritas, sausages, mac & cheese, potato salad and snacks galore.

Oh yes. Independence Day. That's when we finally got shot of the Yanks.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th July 2018, 4:53 PM

Oh yes. Independence Day. That's when we finally got shot of the Yanks.

I think it was us who shot you. ;)

Quote: Lee @ 1st July 2018, 12:43 AM

I don't write anymore but writing is something that is always on my mind. ALWAYS.

I want to make sure I don't make the same mistakes again because I don't like that person I used to be, that lazy person. I'm really quite disgusted at myself.

What will you go back to writing, Lee? Comedy?

Much like you, I had a stab at writing comedy in my 20s (although I was more mid to late 20s) and eventually realised I wasn't good enough. A hard pill to swallow, but at least I had a go and found out.

Well said, Teddy.

To be honest I was happy to do it Beaky as I need help myself .

Quote: Lee @ 1st July 2018, 7:42 AM

coordinates to Suzie Dent's house close by my side.

I met her recently, she was such a sweetie
so was Rachel to be fair

And when are you on Steve?
I'll be sure to watch.

Today I learned that the French word for 'flop' is 'Mbappé.'