The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 16

Roy Young.
Singer and pianist.
Played with the Beatles in Hamburg,Epstein wanted him to join the group but he was already under contract with a club.(According to Roy :))
John,Paul,George,Roy and Ringo.

I remember him. Didn't he have one hit?

OK looked him up because I knew the name. He was a member of Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers (Got to get you into my life) and incidentally I recently bought one of their albums.

RIP
Peter Byrne

Apparently he was in Bread but I remember him as George Dixon's son in law Andy.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 16th May 2018, 9:35 PM

RIP
Peter Byrne

Apparently he was in Bread but I remember him as George Dixon's son in law Andy.

Me too. Andy Crawford. Many a Saturday teatime...

Clint Walker RIP

Move along, Cheyenne; next pasture's always so green.
Driftin' on, Cheyenne, don't forget the things you have seen,
And when you settle down, where will it be? Cheyenne. Cheyenne!

Alan Bean RIP
Brave and brilliant.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 26th May 2018, 11:11 PM

Alan Bean RIP
Brave and brilliant.

I used to work for a company that was founded by his Apollo 12 teammate, Pete Conrad. One of Al's (Pete called him 'Beano') paintings hung in our office and it was signed by most of the early astronauts.

Only 4 of the 12 men who walked on the Moon are still walking the Earth, and they're all well into their 80s. I hope we manage to land another person there before they've all passed. I doubt we'll ever see such a group of test pilots and engineers again. They were brilliant and fearless.

12 liars

No human has set foot on the moon

Quote: lofthouse @ 27th May 2018, 10:34 PM

12 liars

12 liars

You would know that of course. :)

RIP Lucian Pintilie.
Until 2005, when the Romanian new wave was launched with Cristi Puiu's The Death of Mr Lazarescu, Romanian cinema was little known internationally. However, Puiu, Cristian Mungiu, Corneliu Porumboiu and C?t?lin Mitulescu, winners of stacks of prestigious awards, all acknowledged the influence of Lucian Pintilie, who has died aged 84.

12 liars

You'll be telling us next that the earth isn't flat

RIP
Peter Firmin

With Oliver Postgate produced such classics as Noggin,Ivor the engine,Clangers,Bagpuss.
Kid's progs that adults can enjoy.

Bagpuss is one of my favourite ever programmes.

Alan Longmuir. Bye bye baby, keep on dancing. Remember...