Status report Page 6,012

Quote: Ben @ 27th June 2018, 9:04 PM

Ben is drinking coffee as he needs to stay up late once the baby/toddler finally goes to sleep.

Wouldn't it be better for Ben to sleep now too and then Ben can be awake for when the baby wakes up.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th June 2018, 11:03 PM

Wouldn't it be better for Ben to sleep now too and then Ben can be awake for when the baby wakes up.

@Ben tell him to go f**k himself for not even understanding what you posted Laughing out loud

Quote: Chappers @ 27th June 2018, 11:03 PM

She sleeps through the night, so no need to get up. She just doesn't go to sleep until it's more or less my bedtime.

In other news, Ben has just been ripping some VHS tapes from the early to mid 80s. An Ian McCaskill weather report from 1983 was present and that can only ever be a good thing to see.

Got a letter from my car manufacturer today for a call back to repair a potentially lethal fault.
The air bag in the steering wheel has a faulty explosive device!
In the event of a crash, it can fire metal fragments into my body.
So I have a little hand grenade right in my face as I drive.
It did stress immediate and urgent action required.
Gulp

Stephen I was in the same boat three weeks ago when I got a letter saying that my toaster was deadly and I took no notice! The very next next morning I found the cat strangled on the kitchen floor and the toaster was gone? I can't help feeling that I may have read that letter out loud in the kitchen and tipped it off. So please don't let the car know you know till its sorted out :)

Ben was only supposed to be doing a five hour shift at work tomorrow, but is now doing a full day instead due to staff shortages and various levels of insanity.

Quote: Ben @ 28th June 2018, 12:37 AM

She sleeps through the night, so no need to get up. She just doesn't go to sleep until it's more or less my bedtime.

In other news, Ben has just been ripping some VHS tapes from the early to mid 80s. An Ian McCaskill weather report from 1983 was present and that can only ever be a good thing to see.

Mine sleeps through from 6.30pm - 6.30am. It's amazing. But when he doesn't, we have no idea what to do. The past few nights he's been awake until 10pm and it's been killing us. Thankfully last night he was asleep as usual, hopefully tonight he'll do the same.

Quote: Lee @ 28th June 2018, 7:31 PM

Mine sleeps through from 6.30pm - 6.30am. It's amazing. But when he doesn't, we have no idea what to do. The past few nights he's been awake until 10pm and it's been killing us. Thankfully last night he was asleep as usual, hopefully tonight he'll do the same.

We never get early mornings as a result, so it's swings and roundabouts. We do get a lie in, but evenings still aren't completely back to normal!

Quote: Ben @ 28th June 2018, 7:56 PM

We never get early mornings as a result, so it's swings and roundabouts. We do get a lie in, but evenings still aren't completely back to normal!

Don't worry. It should all be over in about 20 years.

Optimistic!

I'll have married her off to a footballer by then. I have a plan.

I have just been reading some old threads here on BCG and I have come to the conclusion that I really was a lazy shit when it came to writing.

I cringe at some of my attempts to justify my unambitious-ness to actually put effort in and succeed.

I was scared of achievement.

I had bad habits too, such as posting half written garbage in exchange for quick appraisal.

I don't write anymore but writing is something that is always on my mind. ALWAYS.

I want to make sure I don't make the same mistakes again because I don't like that person I used to be, that lazy person. I'm really quite disgusted at myself.

I'd be tempted to Griff it all out of history but there's no point in denying my past, it was what it was. Lessons have been learned, wounds have healed and some good times were had.

To finish, I really miss R.C and Dave around here.

"And you lived your life, like a candle in the wind..."

Lee a writer writes, everyone loves appraisals especially good ones. But they don't always come and when the do they can be bad. But if a bad one is honest and you can see where you went wrong then you learn more from that than ten good ones.

So get back to writing , there is no age limit to it, if you wanted to be a professional footballer then you could say that you have past an age or a fitness level. But the older the writer the more refined they become.
Plus if you keep a file of what you write then if your break comes and someone shows an interest in you, then you don't have to say "Can you wait a week while I write a sitcom to prove it?'
You can throw ten on the table and say, "You can see I can write , so tell me what it is you want"
Well that's how it happens in my dreams and I have had more knock backs than an art thief trying to sell a Rolf Harris oil on canvas portrait of Gary GIitter and Jimmy Saville half naked and lolling on a leopard skin rug .
Just write and be dammed mate , never give up on yourself or your dreams.

Thanks for the encouragement, Teddy. I didn't mean to come across as defeated, I intended to be more positive than that by truly recognising past mistakes.

I don't think I'll ever give up on writing. It's just something that I don't do right now. Especially as I'm far too busy reading through shite I submitted to a forum when I was in my early 20s.

Lee I didn't think you sounded defeated I just thought and think for that matter that you like all of us have times were we have more plans than actions and this creates the half the problems as you feel like you're just about treading water.
Mulling over your past writing is only good if you're looking for parts, like stripping a car, just take out what you can use and let the rest rot
But set yourself a target of a gag a day, be it from the news or the past so that your skill stays honed for when you feel like getting into it more .
I stayed up to answer this mate as I anticipated a reply and I could not go to bed without doing what everyone should do from time to time and thats encourage a fellow writer.
Remember when doubts sets in its hard to shift I know this because anyone who has ever written has felt it and they have to get over it .
So write and be dammed because if you don't all you will have is regrets you never needed to have in the first place.
None of us may ever be discovered but none of us should stop just in case we do one day. They're called dreams Lee and never give up on them because you give up on yourself the minute you do