The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 682

Glad for the Panama fans they got a goal :)

....now crush them into the dirt...

The main street in town was rammed with England fans singing and dancing just after the final whistle. I hadn't seen anything like it since England beat Germany 5-1.

People need to keep their feet in the ground

Panama are crap

I think they would struggle in League One

Even Switzerland beat them 6-0 in a test match this year.

Well done to England and Switzerland who do not have to insert an "er" into their name as they have one already.

Would I be right in thinking that the unicorns were produced by those DNA people who are working on bringing back the woolly mammoth?

Anyhow, I suppose this will be at no 1 again if we win it - Peter S Baddiel and Lee Skinner, 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww4v2cP-MDo

Ok this VAR shit is getting outta hand

Bloody farcical!!

VAR is hell!

I would ditch VAR in an instance . Every club has fans that can tell you in great detail how they were robbed at one point or another and they would be right. It's loosely termed 'The Rub of the Green' and it's so unfair at times.
But mark my words if we give up on the model that has suited from the get go and with VAR already being touted and with the money men in the game, how long before VAR is used in a Civil Court to prove a ref was wrong and a relegation
is subjected to an appeal ? Do you ever want to leave a match and say "I hope we keep it after the court case"
Another danger is the amount of the afor mentioned fans and their collective memories of of a injustice, asking for a judicial review and pardon for crimes dating back to the 30's. I for one would like to see Clive Thomas taken out of his house ith a coat over his head for what he did to Everton in the 77 Semi .

VAR is short for Various Artists. The people in that room only have the screens up for effect. They are actually making Now That's What I Call Music Vol 100 which is set for release on 20 July. Oddly enough, there is a room next door called VOL which nobody can see under orders from the Kremlin. VOL stands for Video Overruling Linesmen, These people do have screens that show what has happened from all angles but their role is to ignore them.

Surprisingly, the concept isn't as new as some people believe. In the late1980s, before the end of the cold war and when illegal raves were being held just inside the perimeter fence all around the Soviet Union, VOLE (Video Overruling Linesmen on Ecstasy) was being produced at a secret laboratory. Under an international convention, this was reduced to a gas, powder or liquid in 2018 so that it could be used to inject shoppers from a non-existent drone outside Sainsbury in Salisbury.

Horseradish I suspect that the hanky may have slipped off your head mate and the sun has got to you big style :)

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 27th June 2018, 1:55 PM

Horseradish I suspect that the hanky may have slipped off your head mate and the sun has got to you big style :)

I don't think it is the sun, Teddy.

I've just spent 24 hours listening to Ride on Time by Black Box on repeat to see if I can get into the book of records.

Lets hope you at least make the Kindle edition then .

I'm almost tempted to travel to a dive bar on the south side of the city to watch Mexico play Sweden, but I value my life too much. I'll just watch it at home.

Well at least you'll see plenty of diving mate .

I don't think Gordon dares hope!