Friday Night Dinner - Series 5

Surprised nobody has started a thread for the new series. I only got into Friday Night Dinner a few months ago, but for me this first two episodes of the new series have been brilliant. Just as good as the previous four series.

It's a consistently wonderful series. Big, big laughs. Loving it.

The "Sit" is a bit forced but a great "Com" series.

It's getting tedious now. The Violin episode was too drawn out with no laughs. Jim's a great character. Will have to get the box set of 1-4 to re-watch.

A rather dark ending for this series. Has it been renewed, or is this the end?

No news as yet.

Quote: Aaron @ 13th June 2018, 10:21 PM

No news as yet.

I wouldn't refuse a sixth series. All five series have been equally as good as each other.

Ditto!

Thritto.

Yes but, as Basil Fawlty will tell you, the trick is knowing when to stop before running out of ideas and the storylines become weaker.

What channel is it on

The series has now finished. If you click through to the Guide, you'll see it's a Channel 4 show.

I thought the last series of FND was rubbish compared to the first two. Mark Heap and the leading lady drag it along, while Bobble, who I saw interviewed once to his detriment, puts up with third degree burns for not being the highlight of the show - heard he is, or was, a bit of a diva. The dad is annoying but acceptable none the less, and Piss Face, the tall one, has been rolling his tongue and sticking it out too much recently - someones advising him wrong, not unless he wants more parts as an unsavory character.

Quote: Aaron @ 17th June 2018, 7:03 PM

The series has now finished. If you click through to the Guide, you'll see it's a Channel 4 show.

Oh ok

Quote: bushbaby @ 17th June 2018, 7:28 PM

Oh ok

It's probably on All 4 at least in part, and all 5 series are available on DVD.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/friday_night_dinner/shop/