The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 679

I see that Dick Emery is due to take over at the Arse.

It's only 7 AM, but I'm getting ready to drink a few beers in my neighbor's garage bar while we prepare to watch Aston Villa claw their way back into the Premier League.

Enjoyable Champions League final - especially the 2nd half. A great goal and a couple of amusing ones.

Of course, what Liverpool really need is a goalkeeper...

Sergio Ramos is a vile turd like excuse for a man

Shitheads like him really don't deserve the wonderful career they have

Cheating Spanish c**t

Agreed. Since when was wrestling allowed in football? The big Spanish and Italian teams always have a thug in the middle to stop the star player and they get away with it because the refs are always pro Real, Barca, Milan etc. Makes you Sick

Quote: DaButt @ 26th May 2018, 1:11 PM

It's only 7 AM, but I'm getting ready to drink a few beers in my neighbor's garage bar while we prepare to watch Aston Villa claw their way back into the Premier League.

Oooh>_< Welcome to the agony of Championship football, it's so tough to get promoted with the play off system and now not only have you missed out on £300m but the likelihood of losing your best players, making it harder still for you to go up net season. Sorry. Errr
However you should get a packet for Grealish, what a player, and should be on that plane to Russia. Oops, sorry again Dabutt, your National team not going there either this year. Whistling nnocentlyWhistling nnocentlyWhistling nnocently

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th May 2018, 8:06 AM

Welcome to the agony of Championship football, it's so tough to get promoted with the play off system and now not only have you missed out on £300m but the likelihood of losing your best players, making it harder still for you to go up net season. Sorry. Errr
However you should get a packet for Grealish, what a player, and should be on that plane to Russia. Oops, sorry again Dabutt, your National team not going there either this year.

Yeah, Grealish has turned into a great player; I hope we can keep him.

I'm really just a casual fan, and some of the attraction is due to having an excuse to drink beer in the morning, so I'm not too broken up about it. I'd cheer for the American team if they made it to the World Cup, but I can't really say that I'm bothered that they won't be playing.

The championship is now pretty much Premier league 2

Full of big clubs with gazillions of pounds to spend

Teams like mine, Bolton, don't stand a chance anymore

:(

Chin up lofty, said much the same about htafc.
Get Alerdice back. He's free and got millions in severance pay

Quote: DaButt @ 28th May 2018, 3:16 PM

Yeah, Grealish has turned into a great player; I hope we can keep him.

I'm really just a casual fan, and some of the attraction is due to having an excuse to drink beer in the morning, so I'm not too broken up about it. I'd cheer for the American team if they made it to the World Cup, but I can't really say that I'm bothered that they won't be playing.

No, you should be bothered, you have an ideal sub group from which to qualify and that's the first time since the 80s I think that you haven't. Football nationalism is a wonderful two months of flag waving, xenophobia, beer drinking crisp munching and TV kicking. I can't wait for it. EnglandEnglandEnglandTeary:OLaughing out loudErrr:SAngryWave...Scotland

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th May 2018, 10:41 PM

Enjoyable Champions League final - especially the 2nd half. A great goal and a couple of amusing ones.

Of course, what Liverpool really need is a goalkeeper...

I don't blame Karius. I blame that blinkered idiot Klopp who seemed to think that he had two Premier class goalkeepers in Mignolet and Karius. I know Klopp wears glasses but maybe he should go to Specsavers as it's been evident that Liverpool's weakness has been in goal for the last two seasons; they're hardly Championship quality.

Not my problem though!

It all kicks off in less than 24 hours.

I've got my World Cup Willie out on display. As I do every 4 years.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 13th June 2018, 10:21 PM

It all kicks off in less than 24 hours.

It'll all kick off here in the States in 2026. It'll be interesting to see if it brings much new interest in the sport.

Quote: DaButt @ 13th June 2018, 10:23 PM

It'll all kick off here in the States in 2026. It'll be interesting to see if it brings much new interest in the sport.

and Canada and Mexico. Will the wall be up by then?

Quote: Chappers @ 13th June 2018, 10:50 PM

Will the wall be up by then?

One hopes. ;)
Canada and Mexico each get 10 matches. We get 60, including all of the final 8.

Quote: DaButt @ 13th June 2018, 11:02 PM

One hopes. ;)
Canada and Mexico each get 10 matches. We get 60, including all of the final 8.

Yes I thought that was a ridiculous split. After all Mexico are the only real Football team of the three - men's that is - and should've had a lot more.