Barry

Just watched the finale of season one and think Bill Hader and Henry Winkler are both really good in this. Hopefully it will get a second season but I don't really know what you could do with the character. Has anyone else watched the series and what did you think about it?

I really enjoyed it. With only 8 30-minute episodes it was very easy to binge on over a couple of days. I just suggested it to a neighbor and the next day she sent this text: "Barry is ridiculous! Best recommendation ever!!!"

You're right it is great to binge watch. Do you know if they're doing a second season?

Quote: James M @ 10th June 2018, 6:40 PM

You're right it is great to binge watch. Do you know if they're doing a second season?

I've read that they're going to make a second season. Looking forward to it.

Sad that this show is ending tonight. The best show on TV at the moment, in my opinion.

Looks a cert what with just you and one bloke who posted 5 years ago 😁

I don't think it will be missed, whatever it is............

It's been incredibly successful, as it happens. A couple of years back, every comedy commisioner in the UK was saying "Give me a Barry".

I can honestly say, I've never heard of it

Fair enough.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th May 2023, 9:33 AM

I don't think it will be missed, whatever it is............

You're easily proven wrong with a 98% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, 44 Emmy nominations (including 'Outstanding Comedy Series' every year it ran), and nine wins. :) The finale was front-page news on many news sites today.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th May 2023, 11:02 AM

I can honestly say, I've never heard of it

Most Americans haven't heard of 'Only Fools and Horses', and I've never seen a single episode, but I wouldn't dismiss it without watching it first.

Yes I need to start watching this again
I inly saw the pilot but did think it was very good, and I'm a fan of Bill Hader as well from his SNL stuff

Just re-watched Season 2: Ep.5
Relentlessly funny, and considered a classic.

So how do we watch it? Don't say Netflix

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd June 2023, 8:44 PM

So how do we watch it? Don't say Netflix

Alright , I won't
Now TV - free if you have a Sky package.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th May 2023, 5:22 PM

You're easily proven wrong with a 98% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, 44 Emmy nominations (including 'Outstanding Comedy Series' every year it ran), and nine wins. :) The finale was front-page news on many news sites today.

Most Americans haven't heard of 'Only Fools and Horses', and I've never seen a single episode, but I wouldn't dismiss it without watching it first.

But haven't you already dismissed it, by not seeking to watch one episode of an easily accessible and celebrated (over here) show? Just the same as Herc with Barry.

I dismiss shows I've never watched by way of the creators of it and their past output, and sometimes the cast, and sometimes who the reviewers are. If everyone were to watch everything you'll just become a dustbin of bad to good TV with little critical judgement over any of it. Viewers are selective and preselective according to their taste, as surveys have shown us.

I slated Peep Show without seeing it, based on the raving reviews of some who don't share my taste in more trad style sitcoms. Then I finally watched an ep as a sort of duty, and slated it with much more conviction. I did exactly the same with Not Going Out. Our own prejudices are often correct.