Night Court

I decided to buy the series on DVD after reading about it on Wikipedia. I'm surprised C4 didn't pick it up-they probably thought they had enough NBC shows in the 80s. I'd say my favourite characters are Harry and Bull. It's even better than Cheers IMO.

Never heard of it Peter, what's it about?

It's set in a Manhattan court and focuses on the staff that work the night shift there.

Great show, I got into watching it whilst in Canada (in the '89).

It was on British TV as well

I loved Night Court growing up. I got the first few series on DVD, I need to go back and fill out my collection.

You might also check out Barney Miller, Night Court creator Reinhold Weege was one of the writers.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 19th March 2014, 11:23 PM GMT

It was on British TV as well

ITV at 2 am probably

Quote: peter gazzard @ 20th March 2014, 9:43 AM GMT

ITV at 2 am probably

Well it's not Day Court

Forgot to mention the Night Court reunion on 30 Rock. Not too many sitcoms have their big wedding finale on another show... let alone 10 years after it's series finale.

Oh and the Bull puppet... man did I ever want one of those when I was a kid. In today's world the nbc.com store would sell them. Kids these days don't know how lucky they have it.

Night Court star Harry Anderson has passed away at the age of 65. It was a great show, but UK viewers might remember him best from his appearances on Cheers.

I bought the DVD of series one a year or two ago as I remember enjoying it when I was younger. It wasn't bad but it didn;t really hold my interest. I guess it could be summed up as of its time,