Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule - Series 2 Page 2

Yeah same here thought it worked superbly and Ball in particular is always great value a bit like Johnny Vegas who he reminds me of for some reason. And the old clips of C&B made me think they weren't that bad at all. The two women were a good leftfield choice too. The episodes are like little parties where great fun is had, it's like a rejigging of Shooting Stars.

The Alien spoof scene was fantastically done, I did wonder if he's ever do that scene and he did just when I happened to watch an odd episode. :) Great stuff.

Absolutely loving this series. So wonderfully, delightfully daft. FUNNY.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th May 2018, 1:47 PM

Absolutely loving this series. So wonderfully, delightfully daft. FUNNY.

Agree wholeheartedly, such a lovely tonic, thirty minutes of joyeous daftness. Is it likely to be recommissioned do you think? No idea what the viewing figures are like. The main thing in its favour is I imagine it's relatively cheap to make.

I should think it'll return, yes.

Ratings are not the hugest - around 2.5 - 3m - but good enough.

I think that it's a great show - really whacky and the archive footage is fantastic. The guest choices are bizarre, but seem to work. This week's Radio Times mentioned Hill's sarky asides to camera, which are reminiscent of the late, great Brucie.

I enjoyed it this week although that so-called stand-up seemed a bit lost. She had no personality so I can't see how she can survive.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th May 2018, 6:04 PM

I should think it'll return, yes.

Ratings are not the hugest - around 2.5 - 3m - but good enough.

I'm glad that it's making a comeback (and if ITV can pay megabucks for Ant McPartlin's 'services' then they can certainly cough up for S3 of AFC ...) Yes, it is actually funny, a fact which is sorely lacking in quite a few of today's so-called 'comedies'.