Sketching

Anyoine doing this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/sketching I'm not cos it's impractical and my writing is always shit.

"They are deliberately, though not exclusively, seeking out stories and voices from underrepresented communities and people. This might include racially, regionally, socio-economically under-represented writers".

Not much point in my entering then.
I'm white, from the east end, in employment, middle-aged(ish) and I can't write.

Quote: garyd @ 28th May 2018, 9:52 AM

"They are deliberately, though not exclusively, seeking out stories and voices from underrepresented communities and people. This might include racially, regionally, socio-economically under-represented writers".

I'm white, from the east end, in employment, middle-aged(ish) and I can't write.

You probably can't be more undrerepresented - especially if the above group includes Irish too.

Aha!

At least one of my great-great-grand-parents was Irish so I should alright if that's the case.

Quote: garyd @ 28th May 2018, 9:52 AM

The can't write bit will probably stand you in good stead, as they quite patently aren't looking for the best work.

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th May 2018, 6:02 PM

The can't write bit will probably stand you in good stead, as they quite patently aren't looking for the best work.

Three things I can't do.
1. Wrighte.
2. Count.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 6th June 2018, 12:23 PM

Three things I can't do.
1. Wrighte.
2. Count.

:D