The Horne Section Television Programme

Anybody else see this? I loved it, nice to see Alex being a Taskmaster with his own band, it's a good persona for him. Plus the YMCA bit, whilst very funny, was also extremely impressive!

I've not particularly enjoyed The Horne Section when I've seen them on different bits and pieces before so came into this show with fairly low expectations. But I really liked it. A couple of slower parts as you'd expect, but a very entertaining programme and good laughs.

I loved it!

Just watching this now. I really enjoyed the radio version, this isn't really much different.

Just seen them live, genuinely the most fun I've had at the theatre this year, ached with laughter. Sophisticated silliness is tough to pull off but these guys do it with absolute aplomb (the YMCA bit is even more impressive when they're doing it there in front of you!)

Really don't know what to make of this. I wanted to enjoy it, but it seemed bitty and went off in too many directions, being also not that funny.

Confusingly, The Horne Section TV Show (2022) series which started on Channel 4 recently is a sort of spoof behind the scenes thing about Alex Horne trying to make his own new show, and is a completely different thing to The Horne Section Television Programme (2018) on the Dave channel which was a one-off special, of a proper show filmed at the palladium, which this thread was originally about!

So if Hercules' above post is about the new 2022 series maybe it needs a new thread, so the top picture links to the according page?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_horne_section_television_programme/ --- this is the 2018 version which this page links to https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the-horne-section-tv-show/ --- this is the new 2022 series

or maybe it doesn't matter, but just wanted to point it out...

Yup, did wonder about that, but as it was so similar (like you say, confusing) I left it as it was, and I don't think it will make a lot of difference, as I don't think many people will be watching it - I will give it my usual second look and if I'm not hooked, that's it......no more, which is a shame.

The Horne section always make me smile and often laugh
So I'll be carrying on with the series as I think it will be a nice bit of feel good comedy when I need it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st November 2022, 11:34 PM

Yup, did wonder about that, but as it was so similar (like you say, confusing) I left it as it was, and I don't think it will make a lot of difference, as I don't think many people will be watching it - I will give it my usual second look and if I'm not hooked, that's it......no more, which is a shame.

Well, unusually I gave it my fourth look, but nope - I really don't see what the fuss is about (if any) and saw no humour in it at all. That's me done with it.

I've seen 2 episodes and feel the same. I like Alex Horne, but I'm not sure if this format quite works.